1.    #1  
    do u know if the craddle is the same for treo 600 and 300
    While the connector is the same for all cables, the cradle for Treo 600 is a new design and is not cross-compatible.
  3.    #3  
    thanks
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    While the connector is the same for all cables, the cradle for Treo 600 is a new design and is not cross-compatible.
    Huh?? Cradle? I thought there was no cradle w/ the T600
    go.digital
    There should be eventually...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    So here's an interesting questions that I've been trying to find an answer for. If the headset plug is on the bottom, then how am I supposed to use a headset while the T600 is in the cradle?

I'm assuming that they've added a separate headset port on the cradle? (which would be excellent news! No more plugging in and out at my home and office. Instead, I'd leave the cradles with headsets plugged into each at each location).
    Originally posted by mattmcg
    If the headset plug is on the bottom, then how am I supposed to use a headset while the T600 is in the cradle?
    I doubt they will have a jack in the cradle itself. Since 99% of the time a cradle will be connected to your computer, you could simply play your music from the source (your computer) rather than the 600.
    "Headset" as in ear-bud...for the phone....not for listening to music..

Thats a good concern for us heavy phone users.
    Well you can always use speakerphone if its in the cradle. When will a cradle be available. I don't like using just sync cables.
    When connected to a PC (Win 2000 or Win XP), can the PC access Treo 600 as modem to connect to internet via GPRS? I guess this will require modem driver for the PC.

Also, is the voltage on the AC Adapter rated 100-240V (worldwide)?

Thank you.
    Rgds, *** Janto.
    Originally posted by jwongso
    When connected to a PC (Win 2000 or Win XP), can the PC access Treo 600 as modem to connect to internet via GPRS? I guess this will require modem driver for the PC.

Also, is the voltage on the AC Adapter rated 100-240V (worldwide)?

Thank you.
    Rgds, *** Janto.
    PDANet should eventually be supported for the Treo600...I'm not sure about the AC adaper...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic,

Thank you.

I have not used a Palm nor Treo before. So, I am not aware of this program. Your info is very helpful.

I want to order GSM/GPRS Treo from HS direct so I need to make sure the AC adapter voltage is WW. I know AC adapter for Palm m505 is 110 only.

Rgds, *** Janto.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    While the connector is the same for all cables,
    Does this mean that when I purchase the T600 I will be able to connect it to the same recharge/HotSync cable/dongle setup I use with my PC at the office now for my T300 w/o any changes? That would then allow me to use the cable in the T600 box for backup recharge at home and for travel, right?!
    Originally posted by DaveTreo300600

Does this mean that when I purchase the T600 I will be able to connect it to the same recharge/HotSync cable/dongle setup I use with my PC at the office now for my T300 w/o any changes? That would then allow me to use the cable in the T600 box for backup recharge at home and for travel, right?!
    Since the connector is the same, the Treo300 sync cables shoudl work with the Treo600...

Should is the operative word. All indications say yes, BUT, we are talking about money here, and they could very well sock a weirdism in there, doubtful, but you never know.