Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm not sure that YOU were the one giving that impression however (1) if only 2400 TREO 600s have been shipped to Sprint for their "launch" then it's pretty much guaranteed that just about no one is going to get one no matter when they are "available in select stores" or not.

To me, that's not "available" yet.

And (2) a different thread said the GSM TREO 600 was delayed (indeed, that's the thread's Subject).

No matter how the PRPRPR-$Guys$ $at$ $Sprint$ $and$ $HAND$ $want$ $to$ $spin$ $it$.

==

2400 phones is nothing, less than 50 per STATE if they are evenly distributed (wanna buy a bridge?).
  2. purpleX
    2400 are a lot of of phones, that's almost 5-6% of the projected quarterly sale.

The market isn't that big.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

And (2) a different thread said the GSM TREO 600 was delayed (indeed, that's the thread's Subject).

No matter how the PRPRPR-$Guys$ $at$ $Sprint$ $and$ $HAND$ $want$ $to$ $spin$ $it$.
    When T-Mobile says that itsversion of the Treo 600 (the GSM version) will be available on 10/13, that is not "spin" of a rumor of a delay -- it is a flat contradiction of such a rumor.

For the record:
    I, too, have been told by numerous sources (e.g., HS, T-Mobile Corporate, T-Mobile Store, Good Technology) that 10/13 is the T-Mobile (and hence GSM) launch date.
    Last edited by MHR; 10/02/2003 at 10:34 AM.
    I did some short math and Treocentral has roughly 20580 members. 2400 is roughly 12 percent of the number of members who have signed on at TC.

I don't know what percentage of TC users are on Sprint and I don't know what percentage of TC members are double members or single posts. I also don't know how often TC deletes stagnent members.

I am not trying to establish anything with this post, I just wanted to post some raw numbers so that those who want to do the math can figure out whether there will be a 600 shortage.
    > ...When T-Mobile says that the GM version will be available on 10/13...

You are getting SERIOUSLY entangled in PRPRPR-$speak$ $and$ $must$ $be$ $REAL$ $careful$!

When a Handspring guy says "launch" or "available" we have found that this does not mean the same as you or I would normally take it to mean.

For example (and a very good one it is!) Orange "launched" the TREO 600 WEEKS AGO yet they are not available as you and I would define "available" anywhere in Europe yet and won't be for some still-unknown length of time.

There is a thread saying all (US?) GSM TREOs are delayed.

That's not "available" to me no matter WHAT Handspring says about "launching" them at TMobile.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...When T-Mobile says that the GM version will be available on 10/13...

You are getting SERIOUSLY entangled in PRPRPR-$speak$ $and$ $must$ $be$ $REAL$ $careful$!

When a Handspring guy says "launch" or "available" we have found that this does not mean the same as you or I would normally take it to mean.

For example (and a very good one it is!) Orange "launched" the TREO 600 WEEKS AGO yet they are not available as you and I would define "available" anywhere in Europe yet and won't be for some still-unknown length of time.

There is a thread saying all (US?) GSM TREOs are delayed.

That's not "available" to me no matter WHAT Handspring says about "launching" them at TMobile.
    I understand what you're saying, but I must have been unclear in what I wrote. I asked when I would be able to HAVE one. That is what I mean by available. All of the sources said 10/13. They may all be lying, but that is what they all said. I trust what these people have said more than a single thread on here.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I too asked about getting my hands on it and was given the same date by several sources. I am currently placing an order for 6 units with Sprint's government account manager for the Navy. I will post later when I have the delivery date.
    John
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345