1.    #1  
    Hey Gang:

Anyone have any luck with the Treo Ringtone converter software that was posted in one of the threads? Specifically I mean this:

MP3 to .pdb converter

For some reason I can't seem to download the finished product to my Treo 300. I added the finished file to my Handspring Software, did a Hotsync, and it refuses to download!

What the heck am I doing wrong?????
  2.    #2  
    Anybody? Anyone at all? Don't push or shove, I'll take all answers.....
    I believe that that utility is a midi to treo ringtone convertor, not mp3.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  4.    #4  
    Ah, an answer.

Actually that makes a ton of sense. Thanks a ton
    lol so thats why it wasnt working...too bad the speaker on the 300 isnt good enough to support midi files like those on mididb.com oh well...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    though the treo speaker can't handle everything, there is a lot you can do with anvil studio to punch up midi files for the treo (changing instruments and volume levels)

i have gotten midi's from all over to make my ringtones from, and have very rarely found one that could not be coaxes into sounding decent on the treo.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  7.    #7  
    aarons (and any other knowledgeable parties), can you give me some insight as to how I can do that? Specifically, turn a midi file into a ringtone for my 300? Do I need anvil studio, and if so, where can I download it?

Really all I want is one ringer. I want to turn The Marines Hymn into a ringer, and not have it sound like the "polka remix" currently available on TreoCentral's home page!

'Preciate any help anyone can give me with my endeavor!
    what I'd like to have is a polyphonic (edit - scratch that), a .qcp ringtone converter (because midi tones suck dogs). My sanyo 8100 used .qcp ringtones and Qualcomm had a convenient drop utility (free utility!!!) that converted .wav (8bit-mono) files to .qcp files.

This is what I want for my treo 600. This isn't asking for too much. I have tons of sound files that I converted for that phone and I'd like to do the same for my t600.

And please, don't tell me about midi converters. I bought the t600 to get out of the Stone Age.
    Last edited by peyote; 10/14/2003 at 06:23 PM.