1.    #1  
    I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat - coming out of a nightmare that looks like this:

"I unwrap my Treo 600, power it up, sync my data and then call sprint to help me with the activation. And the person on the line does not have the instructions (what screens to set, what numbers to enter) on how to activate the Treo 600"

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!

Can you help me overcome my worst fear?

Will Sprint have their act together with giving phone reps instructions on activating the Treo 600?

I want to be able to call up sprint and say:
    "Here is my ESN number. Please activate my phone. I know how to do the rest."

What are the steps and numbers for me to enter when I get the phone so I don't need Sprint's help?

Greg
    An even WORSE fear:

There IS no Treo 600. It's just something we've hallucinated from desperation and mass-hysteria!
    If that is your worst fear...

YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by DelMelo
    An even WORSE fear:

There IS no Treo 600. It's just something we've hallucinated from desperation and mass-hysteria!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    If that is your worst fear...

YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP!

WeeBit - I thought you were beyond personal attacks. You know I am kidding, but the truth in jest is this: There is a very real possibility that people will not be able to activate their phones during the first week of sales because Sprint has not yet communicated the right instructions to their customer service folks. I know this for a fact, since I bought the Treo on opening week and it took me two days to get it activated.

So - I was wondering if someone on this board can post the step by step instructions for activating the Treo 600 on sprint - so all you have to give to Sprint is the ESN number.

Thanks!

I think it is obvious that we are all a little to obcessed when we are dreaming about a cell phone.

I had one the other night that I found one that had been put on the shelf by mistake by a guy at Office Max. I stopped to get gas and someone stole it out of my car.

After that I realized that I was getting a little to excited about this phone and cut back to checking TC only twice or three times a day.
    I had a Treo600 dream last night too. I dreamed that I went to the Handspring Website this morning and found unlocked GSM 600's on sale for $399 (after rebate), but the Sprint version was out of stock. Since I'm a Sprint customer...this constitutes a nightmare! Having to watch those Treos flying off the virtual shelf while I nashed my teeth was excrutiating.

The way the rumours and predictions fly on TC, sounds like I may be in just this position while Sprint diddles around with launch dates and communications issues with the store reps (who never know what's going on or when it will go on).

::sigh::
    Originally posted by groisner

WeeBit - I thought you were beyond personal attacks. You know I am kidding, but the truth in jest is this: There is a very real possibility that people will not be able to activate their phones during the first week of sales because Sprint has not yet communicated the right instructions to their customer service folks. I know this for a fact, since I bought the Treo on opening week and it took me two days to get it activated.

So - I was wondering if someone on this board can post the step by step instructions for activating the Treo 600 on sprint - so all you have to give to Sprint is the ESN number.

Thanks!

Heck, I thought he was joking around ... he wasn't?

Having read his posts, no way this was an attack ... he just forgot to add the smilie!
    There should be no problem programing the T600 when it arrives. I'm not positive but I think the programing info is already up on our intranet. If it's not readily accssable you can ask the CSR to do a search for the Treo 600 in wizard. now back to how it will be done. I believe it would most likely be programed like most other Sprint phones ie. ##MSL (a 6 digit lock code for phone programing). And then you would type in your phone number and IMSI number (customer service will have all these numbers for you no matter what). That should be all that is required, the phone will probably provission itself and you'll be up an running.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by angrytaxman
    There should be no problem programing the T600 when it arrives. I'm not positive but I think the programing info is already up on our intranet. If it's not readily accssable you can ask the CSR to do a search for the Treo 600 in wizard. now back to how it will be done. I believe it would most likely be programed like most other Sprint phones ie. ##MSL (a 6 digit lock code for phone programing). And then you would type in your phone number and IMSI number (customer service will have all these numbers for you no matter what). That should be all that is required, the phone will probably provission itself and you'll be up an running.

Thanks a million. God bless you.

G
    Here's the forgotten smiles

Of course since there are sprint reps dont even know of the existance of the Treo 600. We do hope the software is available to them at the time of launch i mean release i mean availabilty to walk in the store and buy one for N dollars and walk out with the phone