1.    #1  

Wd appreciate any info as to when the T600 wd be available in Hong Kong. Checked w/ the distributor here but appears they hv no info yet. Like everyone else on this forum, I can't wait to get my hands on this "breakthru" smartphone!

Brian
    a friend of mine who works for a mobile phone company in the philippines said that it will be launched in singapore by mid-october. (my understanding is that singapore is handspring's asian hub.) supposedly, it will be launched in other asian countries two weeks after that.

(i'm here in manila right now and i've actually held one in my hands! only for a few minutes, but still... )

i also wanted to find out if any of the stores that sell mobile phones here had heard of it and i was surprised to hear that it would be available in november. he said it would go for around php 30,000-35,000. (i saw the calculator and if my guess is right, he used a figure of US$ 600.) at current exchange rates, that's hk$4,300-5,000.
    Hey all you guys in HK...have you checked out the GSL Xplore G18? How do you like that PalmOs smartphone? How does it compare to the Treo600 in you opinion? Do you like the size? I've seen pics of it and it looks TINY!!

TIA

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    panorama:

Thx a bunch for the info. Hope that it will really be launched in HK 2 wks after Singapore. Any idea what color will be avail. for Asia? I prefer the gun metal one which Orange is showing on their website. Also, will there be any unlocked versions avail? Can't wait!!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey all you guys in HK...have you checked out the GSL Xplore G18? How do you like that PalmOs smartphone? How does it compare to the Treo600 in you opinion? Do you like the size? I've seen pics of it and it looks TINY!!

TIA
    I've seen the Xplore G18, but it appears to be taller and bigger than the T600 in the showcase. It does not really look that attractive compared to the T600. Besides, it runs on OS4.1, which was what I had with the Tungsten W. So, I won't go for it.
    The unit seen in Malaysia was silver in colour. I suppose that's the GSM version colour for all Asia.
    i'm pretty sure that particular store will be carrying the unlocked version. i think the unlocked version will be readily available in asia, or at least, in the philippines.

the one i tinkered with was silver and i found it too shiny. i had thought at first that silver was better but after seeing the other colors, i've changed my mind. i think the gunmetal one is the best among the three. i wonder if an unlocked version will be available in europe? if yes, i wonder what color it'll be? not too fond of orange's logo.
    Originally posted by bhleong

I've seen the Xplore G18, but it appears to be taller and bigger than the T600 in the showcase. It does not really look that attractive compared to the T600. Besides, it runs on OS4.1, which was what I had with the Tungsten W. So, I won't go for it.
    The Xplore G18, is in fact, a lot smaller in size when compare with the Sony Ericcsson P800, which is about the same size as the Treo 600 from the other pics posted. From the reviews here in town, comments are mixed, but I think the biggest design flaw is the lack of support for expansion cards (although the manfacturer said that I would be launched as an add-on) and the OS which is running on 4.1.

Other than that, the G18 features a very nice screen, 256,000 color I believe and the small size is really attractive.

Victor in HK