1.    #1  
    Will the Sprint 600 have better coverage than the 300? Does the dual band decrease the amount of dropped calls? Thanks.
    Originally posted by robcassman
    Will the Sprint 600 have better coverage than the 300? Does the dual band decrease the amount of dropped calls? Thanks.
    It does nothing for dropped calls, but it *could* have better coverage.

The Treo 300 was CDMA 1900 only. This meant if you were in an area that Sprint wasn't, but a CDMA carrier that does 1900 (i.e. Verizon) did then you'd have coverage.
    The Treo 600 is CDMA 1900/800, which means that if you're in an area that doesn't have a Sprint CDMA 1900 or a Verizon CDMA 1900, but had a Verizon CDMA 800 signal you would have coverage.

So, in theory, you have better coverage. Personally I still wish they'd thrown in analog.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Just to add a few points here. Sprint data network or 1xRTT is only via the CDMA 1900 MHz frequency. Thus while the dual band CDMA will help with voice coverage, it will do nothing for the data coverage. However, this shouldn't be a problem b/c from my experience, the data coverage by Sprint had been excellent...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Even if we roamed on VzW's network couldn't use their data even if we wanted to since the T600 won't have thier setup to access and data wouldn't be covered by the roaming agreeements. Maybe some day.