Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering, will i be able to listen to internet radio, using lets say media player?
    Oooh. Great idea.

If I could listen to the mlb.com audio streams on my phone, anywhere...

Wow.

No idea.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    No you can't stream audio on PalmOS yet. MMplayer should support this soon however...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    No you can't stream audio on PalmOS yet. MMplayer should support this soon however...
    Tell me more, PLEASE!
  5. purpleX
    whatever happen to that phone service you were posting a couple of month back? it suppose to come online now.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Now that would be cool! I've got several internet radio stations that I listen to (europe, u.s., austrailia, pacific). I don't think I'd every take my head set off and I'd have one hella cell bill!!

I thought shoutcast was streaming audio. I have that thru pTunes.
    i just got a hold of my new treo 600 for sprint. i'm trying out pocket tunes delux. http://www.pocket-tunes.com

it supports shoutcast streaming of mp3s!

www.shoutcast.com

i've only been able to get a steady stream at 96kbps but it's a start.

-s
    Is there any other good source of internet music similar to Shoutcast?
    Originally posted by Molekoi

Now that would be cool! I've got several internet radio stations that I listen to (europe, u.s., austrailia, pacific). I don't think I'd every take my head set off and I'd have one hella cell bill!!

ARHH! That post was pre-Pocket Tunes 2.x folks! Obviously things have changed and you can now stream audio via PT thank goodness!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Has anyone tried Live365 streams through pockettunes?

J
    The Band:
    http://www.elffarmraffle.com/
    The Business:
    http://www.radiovoice.com
    Has anyone else noticed that Purple is automatically ignored? I haven't added him to my ignore list (I always get a good laugh at someone who just doesn't get it!) Just curious.
    Serving those who have served Honorably. Marine For Life www.m4l.usmc.mil
    was listening to music all yesterday on pTunes from shoutcast, dosent sound good like my mp3's, but it's live on low bandwidth. I havent tried high yet.
    These shoutcast URL's are long. Is there anyway to import a list of them into my Treo600 somehow? Where is a reference of these URL's listed by genre, etc.?
    I believe you can bookmark it when you are listening to it. At least on the paid version.
    You can indeed.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Off topic, I see a seminole above me and a Tampa under me...From Miami myself, looks like a few Floridians.
    Tampa here also
    Originally posted by orrgroup
    These shoutcast URL's are long. Is there anyway to import a list of them into my Treo600 somehow? Where is a reference of these URL's listed by genre, etc.?
    You simply go to Shoutcast, search for a radio station you're interested in, and click the "tune in" button. The playlist will be imported into pTunes, and you'll see the description (not the URL) in pTunes. It'll be saved, so you just click on any station you want to listen to. You can also rename the playlist, so I have them named by type of music, and just click "Jazz", "Blues"...etc. for the appropriate station.
    St. Pete here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast