Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Top_S
    Has anyone else noticed that Purple is automatically ignored? I haven't added him to my ignore list (I always get a good laugh at someone who just doesn't get it!) Just curious.

BRING BACK PURPLE X!

Purple's people too!
    With the following lines you will invite the Purples:

1.Handspring & PalmOne will go bankrupt soon

2. Treo 600s are defective and unrepairable

3. PocketPC's are selling for $10, buy one take one free, regardless of model

Guaranteed!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    With the following lines you will invite the Purples:

1.Handspring & PalmOne will go bankrupt soon

2. Treo 600s are defective and unrepairable

3. PocketPC's are selling for $10, buy one take one free, regardless of model

Guaranteed!
    It's like conjuring up a demon! I've noticed FrequentVisitor also turns up at these bash fests with suspicious regularity. Can you say not-so-hidden agenda?

We are way past thread "drift" on this one - it's more like thread "crash & burn".
    Has anyone been successful at listening to the digitally imported broadcasts using a T-Mobile GSM T600?

I don't think the network is trasmitting fast enough ... as I can hear bursts of music ... then buffering ... then a burst ... then buffering ...
    Subject: http://www.live365.com

I have a registered version of Ptunes Deluxe. Is it possible to play live365 as streaming internet music? It is very similar to shoutcast .

Thanks!

It would appear so. According to their help file they use MP3 format for streaming, which is the format supported in Pocket Tunes.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Take care,
    Gerald
    I went to shoutcast.com on my T600 and tried to "tune in" to some music. However, I got a Download Error saying:

"The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device."

I have the standard-issue p-tunes that I downloaded when I registered my T600. If I buy the deluxe version, will this download error go away? Or is there a way to circumvent this error with just the regular p-tunes? Thanks for the help!
    I have a subcription to Musicmatch. Does the treo 600 able to stream with them?
    I have the standard-issue p-tunes that I downloaded when I registered my T600. If I buy the deluxe version, will this download error go away?
    Yes.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    so are we coming to the conclusion that there are other options besides just shoutcast? i need to find a better ESPN radio station somewhere...
    Originally posted by selfassembled
    i just got a hold of my new treo 600 for sprint. i'm trying out pocket tunes delux. http://www.pocket-tunes.com

it supports shoutcast streaming of mp3s!

www.shoutcast.com

i've only been able to get a steady stream at 96kbps but it's a start.

-s
    How do you
    adjust the streaming speed?
    While it's possible to tune in directly from Shoutcast's website using the Treo, I've found that there is an easier way.

Hit your home PC, load up the streams you want and then view file info in your Winamp. When you do, an IP pops up. Put in that IP, check the button that says "Obtain station ID" or something like that and it will then add that station to your bookmark list.

It took me about 5 minutes to add my favorite 10 stations.
    she's on my ignore list all of a sudden also, and I never actively placed anyone there myself.
    honestly, after all of the treo's recent positive reviews from cnet, techtv, wall street journal, I think she's toast.
    she's either on break or accepting the fact that the treo 600 is the best in the convergence business.
    you can only beat a dead horse for so long before even she realizes its time to give up the fight.
    Originally posted by logmein
    she's on my ignore list all of a sudden also, and I never actively placed anyone there myself.
    Yes, this was a very odd decision by the management. Either ban someone or let people decide whether or not to ignore them on their own. Very strange.

Furthermore, was it actually determined that purpleZ was the same as purpleX? I thought that purpleZ chose that name as a joke. purpleZ is the one with all of the anti-piracy posts and ended up on the ignore list. I'm not sure if purpleX ended up on my ignore list, too.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    It looks like the editors have either had enough of all of her hot air ( which I applaud them for if this is the case ) or they are
    eliminating the chronic source of flame sessions in the forum.
    im not sure, but I can tell you I don't miss the *****. you get tired of someone who is only good for contributing the negative.
    freedom of speech and all, but she is like the ACLU for god's sake. there are some people sho use freedom of speech to cause nothing but trouble, and these people need to be slapped around pretty thoroughly ( putting it nicely )
    without getting anymore passionate, ill leave it there. I applaud the staff on their move. it makes treocentral a more interesting forum to visit now.
    I found this very amusing, by the way.
    purples' sig was something like " freedom of speech, don't EVER take it away ".
    well I enjoyed the fact that while not taking away her freedom of speech, they placed her on everyone's ignore list.
    you've gotta laugh!!j I absolutely love it. take it, purple
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12