1.    #1  
    >
    Not locked to any particular service provider (e.g. T-Mobile), allowing you to use SIM cards from any provider around the world in your 600. Great benefit for those of us who travel internationally.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by robcorn
    Not locked to any particular service provider (e.g. T-Mobile), allowing you to use SIM cards from any provider around the world in your 600. Great benefit for those of us who travel internationally.
    More questions:
    1. Can I use a SIM card with CDMA or does CMDA (Sprint) only work in the US?
    2. So when you say you can use a SIM card do you mean Europe only? I don't think GSM can work in Japan and Asia.
    3. If I travel Internationally, am I better off with GSM than CDMA?
    GSM networks. You can't use them on CDMA networks like Sprint. Most of Asia and Japan uses GSM phones and hence, SIM cards.
    Originally posted by groisner

More questions:
    1. Can I use a SIM card with CDMA or does CMDA (Sprint) only work in the US?
    2. So when you say you can use a SIM card do you mean Europe only? I don't think GSM can work in Japan and Asia.
    3. If I travel Internationally, am I better off with GSM than CDMA?
    1. No. Maybe in the future you will be able to use the CDMA equivilent to a SIM card which is a R-UIM card, but thats a ways off.

2. He means you can use a SIM card in any unlocked phone... so you can seemlessly switch between phones at your choosing. All of Europe is blanketed with GSM, in fact Central Asia and the Middle East are as well. Allmost every Asian country has a GSM in place. Japan however has a 3G netork which wont be accesable via the Treo. The treo is Quad Band.... so you are really well covered regardles of what band the country's GSM netowrk runs on.

3. GSM.

BTW, CDMA networks exist only in North America and Asian countries that have 3g networks.

List of Countries with GSM networks

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.