View Poll Results: Where will you buy your Treo 600 so that you can be one of the first to get one?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handspring.com

37 46.84%
  • Calling Sprint PCS and ordering one

5 6.33%
  • Sprint Store

29 36.71%
  • T-Mobile Store

2 2.53%
  • Calling T-Mobile and ordering one

4 5.06%
  • Camping outside the Sprint warehouse in Kentucky

2 2.53%
  1.    #1  
    I can't believe there are people out there like me that are crazy in love with a f&^%in productivity devise.

I love you guys.

G
    At the Sprint Store. Mail order is nowhere near as dramatic as physically seeing it first.
    Well it seems that the discount won't be offered until a while after the carriers get it, so I may pay the *early adopters fee* and get it from Sprint. I'd rather get it from a Sprint store but I'll probably try to get it mail-order since I might have a better chance of securing one that way.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Nothing beats having it in your hands to play with right then and there. Ohhh that doesn't sound too good. What I meant is Mail order kills the fun I like the new toy now. I was looking for an Ipaq 1935 while the T600 comes out. Yes I am going to run dual OS I enjoyed certain (games) on my I700 and therefore want a HiRes device to fill the small gap.
    I'm not gong to buy the device from any of the listed places. I'm hoping to it get it from BB or compusa...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I hope to also get it from CompUSA. I got my old Sanyo SCP5000 from Sprint direct the first day it came out. But the 600 is more special. And I need a 'special' replacement plan. So I choose CompUSA. How long do you think the delay will be between the Sprint release and CompUSA stocking it?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I put down Handspring because I don't know where else I'll be able to buy an unlocked version.

I want to be able to use the phone with my AT&T service, but I might switch in 6 mos or so, and as you all know AT&T will never unlock a phone.

My biggest concern is how to get insurance if I don't buy it from a carrier. Any ideas?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Originally posted by santa
    My biggest concern is how to get insurance if I don't buy it from a carrier. Any ideas?
    Some renter's / home owner's policies have a computer floater option that would cover it (as a PDA). I know that USAA does.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Whatever happened to the "great deal" from treocentral. haven't seen anything about that on here.
    http://www.treocentral.com/admanagem...ontenttype=gif
    Was this just a ploy to get user info, or is it really going to happen. Is it a Sprint only deal?
    I'll be buying mine either from T-Mo or HS, whoever has the best deal.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I'll buy it from the first Sprint store that will accept my "gratuity"!
    Originally posted by dspires

Some renter's / home owner's policies have a computer floater option that would cover it (as a PDA). I know that USAA does.
    I looked into adding it on a home owner's policy - it is a BAD idea. Here's why:

In January, you lose your Treo, make a claim, and get paid to buy a new Treo.

In February, your house floods, causing $5,000 in damages. If you make a claim for this, your homeowners insurance will either be cancelled or rates will skyrocket because you have made two claims on the policy.

Moral of the story: don't make a claim on your homeowners policy on a relatively low value item like the Treo. Even though it is expensive, causing problems with your insurance policy is more expensive.

I have the same question: where to insure the Treo? I read somewhere that T-Mobile now offers insurance, but I can't find any info on the website.
    If TreoCentral can get me one for $399, I'll buy it there. Otherwise I'll use my s/n and buy it from Handspring.
    The other issues to keep in mind with homeowners policies is your deductable will be at least $500 - $1000 depending on what you chose. But the multi small claims issue will definitely get you canceled and blacklisted.

Doesn't SPCS offer insurance plans through a 3rd party provider. VzW doesn't cover them on their nickle its another company. You should be able to put it on your insurance plan with SPCS, unless they have some stupid rule I am not aware of yet.
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    The other issues to keep in mind with homeowners policies is your deductable will be at least $500 - $1000 depending on what you chose. But the multi small claims issue will definitely get you canceled and blacklisted.

Doesn't SPCS offer insurance plans through a 3rd party provider. VzW doesn't cover them on their nickle its another company. You should be able to put it on your insurance plan with SPCS, unless they have some stupid rule I am not aware of yet.
    Yup, $4/month with a $35 deductible. Covers loss, theft, & damage.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Really, does anyone have any idea if compusa will be carrying the 600? I have a major credit with them, and I might not have to put out a penny, which would be totally cool. That is, if they carry it and carry it soon! Anyone know????????
    I am sleeping behind the doors of Orange Center in Geneva for 2 days and will do it until they receive the first T600...