Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Says a 3 mo. contract...wonder what price of contract. can we pre-pay then get un-lock code?

http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/CG...=TREO&MP=OFFER^GIN174
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Actually, if you select 'Our Deals' and look for the other options, you'll find a plan (plan400) that offers the Treo600 for Free !!

The plan you show is the Plan 300 (Phone for 79.00 then 30.00/month contract), otherwise you have the Plan 400 (Phone for Free, 50.00/month contract.)

1.00 is $ 1.662, so that give us (with some rounding):

Plan300: phone $130.00, contract $50.00 / month
    Plan400: phone Free, contract $85.00 / month

Does anybody know Orange and can confirm that ? Not sure about the minimum duration of contracts though...
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    To be honest, I'm losing faith in Orange, as not only have they yet to publish any prices on their website, but they still advertise the Treo 600 as a single band on some parts of the website:
    http://www.orange.co.uk/cgi-bin/inte...el=1&phone=921
    This is despite my sending them an e-mail about it, and getting one back a week ago stating that they would check it and update it.

Bear in mind that the prices given here do not include any GPRS bundle you might want.
    The onestopshop link is broken. The entire website seems to be in a pretty unstable state.

Maybe they've never had this many hits in a few hours?
    What is that "monthly contract price" all about? Does that include minutes or is that just money you pay for the privelege of getting the phone cheaper up-front? If it's like a US contract which includes minutes, then I say "Bravo!" to Orange for pricing this phone right. $500 in the US is insane, IMO, but I know I'll get little sympathy here because most everyone here seems to be insane.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    You have to keep the contract for 12 months - so $85/month is about $1,000 - but bear in mind that it includes 400 free minutes pm to any network.

No US resident would be able to buy the Treo under such deals, and I expect a "sim-only" deal would be around 400 - 500.