1.    #1  
    Here's the latest word from Sprint concerning the Treo 600. Remember, I'm just the messenger and replaying what I get from them. This is from management people in Sprint, not the customer service people you get when you dial *2 who are at the bottom of the chain at Sprint.

Read it and believe what you want.

Sprint will officially announce the Treo 600 on 10/6 as originally planned. They will begin accepting pre-orders from dealers and master agents who buy directly from Sprint on 10/6.

I assume this means the product will be back on Ingram Micro's site 10/6 or 10/7 for resellers who purchase from them. We get ours from a much faster source than Ingram Micro.

They "probably" will begin shipping to CUSTOMERS and resellers mid-November. This is the word they used. Last week they said end of November/beginning of December.

Larry
    Don't believe anything from someone who is trying to profit off of you buying from him.......... (nice link to prepay you, this should be moved to the Marketplace section - moderators?)
  3.    #3  
    It's a link in my signature to our website. I post my ads in the market place. I'm passing long information.

Like I said, you can believe what Sprint management people say (from which I get my information)n or you can believe the rumors or customer service reps are are mostly temps or a 3rd party agency. If you think they'd be the first to know the stuff, then believe them.

We were right about the Samsung I500, Hitachi G1000, and Sony-Ericsson T608.

To be honest, there's really too many jerks here. I'll just post my the information I get at sprintusers.com You can go read them over there. I don't need to waste my time posting facts here and go through this crap.

I'm out of here.

Larry
    Last edited by lmelamed; 09/30/2003 at 06:39 PM.
    Okay, lets not ridicule people here that can contribute to this forum. There no reason to attack Imelamed if he is just posting infomation he is given by Sprint. Like discussed in the other threads, there may have be various reasons why Sprint choose to delay the intiall release to resellers, and perhaps that decison has now been reversed...who knows. The point is that Imeland is correct when he states that he was right in regards the release dates for the Samsung I500, Hitachi G1000 and etc. I recall reading his posts at sprintusers and they were accurate, so I'll tend to believe him even though the prior infomation may have lent to some confusion. Anyway, Tx for updating us about the release and I hope you'll still come around here...

In any case, what does all this mean? Will we be able to purchase the Treo600 and receive prior to "November" or not? Will we receive it faster ordering directly through Sprint online or through certain dealers?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, I guess the link to prepay has now been removed, I am sorry of any accusations. I just get very suspicious when people are posting info and are also trying to profit from it.

Maybe also has to do with the fact that I can't comprehend waiting until November if that is true.....
    As above - thanks for the info. Also, I'm with you - if Sprint drags booty on this until November? Fuhgeddabout! T-mobile here I come. I like the silver color better anyway.
  7. purpleX
    Starting to supply a month before christmas? awfully short holiday sale isn't it?
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Well, I guess the link to prepay has now been removed, I am sorry of any accusations. I just get very suspicious when people are posting info and are also trying to profit from it.

Maybe also has to do with the fact that I can't comprehend waiting until November if that is true.....
    In one sentence you say you are sorry then in the next one your restate you accusation. Which is it?
    Originally posted by eyeball

In one sentence you say you are sorry then in the next one your restate you accusation. Which is it?
    Lay off. "Larry" keeps stating he won't post on here any more because he can't take the abuse, but somehow he is able to come back and tough it out when it provides a chance for him to advertise. I think the poster has a right to be suspicious.
    While nothing would suprise me about the rollout of the T600, I still belive no later than the 13th. While I appreciate that Larry is getting his info from "official sources" I got mine directly from Donna Dubinsky, Handspring CEO, at a meeting she was at early last week. She said that she was waiting for final word on the launch date but it would be no later than one or two more weeks. She said that they had already begun shipping to Sprint.

And, for the record, she said she was getting great service on her Sprint T600 while she was in Michigan.
    Call me crazy but I sure as hell wont be heading to purchase crap from his site when thats his attitude. He had every opp AND reason to take the high road, and on a forum where he was posting obvious contradictory info should have been much more mature/professional/understanding about any attacks against his info. To me it's prolly just a sample of the kind of customer service his site would give you...................but hell thats just me.
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Here's the latest word from Sprint concerning the Treo 600. Remember, I'm just the messenger and replaying what I get from them. This is from management people in Sprint, not the customer service people you get when you dial *2 who are at the bottom of the chain at Sprint.

Read it and believe what you want.
    It doens't look like any1 read this sentence. Just because his info is contradictory doesn't mean it's wrong. We all want this phone to come out ASAP for one reason or another. If he said he had 500 in his lap right now we'd be beside ourselves sending him cash for one, but since his source said sometime in November we're jumpin all over him b/c of what some1 else said that's more favorable. I don't blame him for not wanting to post here again.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Well, I will certainly admit that when I read his post I was furious. I want a Treo so bad I can taste it! Still I waited to calm down and check with some people I know at Sprint. Not *2 people but also not someone like Dubindky. (Which by the way, I'm not saying I don't believe anyone on this board, but a lot of people here seem to run into "PDA celebrities" all the time. I guess I'm just in the wrong part of the world!) Anyway, the people I know don't have any word on the kind of delay I'm hearing about here. Everything tells me it'll be out in the timeframe we were given. The units are already at Sprint. Why sit on them?
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Well, I will certainly admit that when I read his post I was furious. I want a Treo so bad I can taste it! Still I waited to calm down and check with some people I know at Sprint. Not *2 people but also not someone like Dubindky. (Which by the way, I'm not saying I don't believe anyone on this board, but a lot of people here seem to run into "PDA celebrities" all the time. I guess I'm just in the wrong part of the world!) Anyway, the people I know don't have any word on the kind of delay I'm hearing about here. Everything tells me it'll be out in the timeframe we were given. The units are already at Sprint. Why sit on them?
    True. I'm not saying dispute the info, just that that's what he was told from some1 reliable to him, just like every1 else on the board.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not a HandSpring celebrity stalker. Just to set the record straight...I am the vice president of Lawrence Tech University. Dubinsky attended a governor's summit on technology transfer in Michigan last week with the leadership of Michigan's public and private universities (she is from Benton Harbor, Michigan). She was quite open about where HS was in the delivery channel and was quite urgent about the fact that she was expecting a call to confirm the roll-out date that same afternoon.

Not surprisingly, almost everyone in the room had a pda of some sort and all were very interested in the T600. She indicated that HS had already shipped product to Sprint (as confirmed by others on this board) and expected it to be on the market within one to two weeks.

She also told the story about how the intial introduction of the Visor was disastrous and nearly ruine HandSpring. She was very insistent that that not happen with the 600.

On the other hand...the sun will still come up on Octover 6th if the T600 isn't released -- it will just seem a little less bright.