Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, I got more info... enjoy.

1) Current Treo Users, cost (FOR 3 WEEKS ONLY!) unlocked GSM w/o new activation is $399.
    I promise, its true. Dont know about cost for Sprint. The link will be sent in an email from HS to those on the T600 mailing list, there may or may not be a link on the site, they are deciding now.

2) All Sprint units have already been shipped. HS inventory is depleted, they recieved the shipment on Friday and it is already in their warehouses and distribution network, she expects it to hit retail within 8 days. (In somewhat limited quantities though)

3) T-Mobile will have their shipment delivered on or before the 13th, retail to follow shortly after.

And on the corporate side... there will be no immediate HS layoffs in the PalmOne merger, and HS's team will be in charge of the wireless group at the new entity/

Any questions let me know, I got tons more info, but much of it has already been stated.

-Mike
    when will the email with the link go out?

when do they think they will start selling it on their site?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Is it $399 initial promo or $499 + $100 Treo owner credit? Or is the credit still available at $399, effectively making the product cost $299?
    Thank you so much for the info ... looks like I'll be heading down to the T-Mo store and might change service from Sprint to them ...

Can I get the phone now, and activate after LNP?

I could keep my 300 'til Nov 24 and switch when (my contract is up at the end of Oct) LNP becomes official.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by BrianV
    Is it $399 initial promo or $499 + $100 Treo owner credit? Or is the credit still available at $399, effectively making the product cost $299?
    The effective cost, after reductions will be $399 without activation. It will be unlocked.

The email should go out sometime in the next 10 days... that was as specific as she could get.

-Mike
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

The effective cost, after reductions will be $399 without activation. It will be unlocked.

The email should go out sometime in the next 10 days... that was as specific as she could get.

-Mike
    Cool. I just hope that if I spring for that (mind the pun), then T-Mobile won't come out with the same thing for cheaper.
    -- Go Illini!
    Weebit - you are definitely the man with the info! If we get an unlocked GSM model (which was my plan all along), and we currently have the GPRS installed in our Treo 270's, will it transfer on synching with the 600? Or will we still need some software from T-Mobile? Otherwise, what would be the benefit of waiting for the T-Mobile (locked) unit?

Andrew
    Originally posted by Andrew-NYC
    what would be the benefit of waiting for the T-Mobile (locked) unit?

Andrew
    Good Question...
    -- Go Illini!
    I talked to T-Mobile and if you go with a 1 year contract extension, they can give a $130 (max discount) off of their phone price. He wasn't sure what the exact price would be though.
    I'm hoping that the HS discount can be combined with the T-Mobile discount.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by dspires
    I talked to T-Mobile and if you go with a 1 year contract extension, they can give a $130 (max discount) off of their phone price. He wasn't sure what the exact price would be though.
    me too, that would be great!

but i doubt it will work.... time will tell

it all depends on how the rebate is set up by HS, further, if you dont buy it though them, how will you get it?
    How does GRPS work with unlocked phones? Without that little locked "Network" profile, how would we connect to the data network?

Would it be similar to the process we take using products like WirelessModem, where we need to put in something like "apn1.voicestream.com" into the init string of a custom modem profile?
    -- Go Illini!
    I was told the same thing. The problem is that you only get that reduction in the phone price of you buy it from the T-Mobile Retention Department (or something like that). The stores are not obligated to give that price.
    Thanks WeeBit!! Great info AGAIN!

Does this mean that this "link" will allow previous Treo owners to buy available units immediately or is it just to information and the units will be available later?

Thanks in advance!
  14.    #14  
    it seems to me that it might be a link to buy, but worst case scenario.... it will allow for the rebate
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Hey all, I got more info... enjoy.

1) Current Treo Users, cost (FOR 3 WEEKS ONLY!) unlocked GSM w/o new activation is $399.
    I promise, its true. Dont know about cost for Sprint. The link will be sent in an email from HS to those on the T600 mailing list, there may or may not be a link on the site, they are deciding now.

2) All Sprint units have already been shipped. HS inventory is depleted, they recieved the shipment on Friday and it is already in their warehouses and distribution network, she expects it to hit retail within 8 days. (In somewhat limited quantities though)

3) T-Mobile will have their shipment delivered on or before the 13th, retail to follow shortly after.

And on the corporate side... there will be no immediate HS layoffs in the PalmOne merger, and HS's team will be in charge of the wireless group at the new entity/

Any questions let me know, I got tons more info, but much of it has already been stated.

-Mike
    Thanks so much for all your great help, btw.

Does Handspring plan to sell unlocked CDMA devices, and can they be made to work with Sprint? Or will HS sell a Sprint (locked) phone (once their supplies are repleted) with their discount the same as for GSM?
    My $399 are ready!! Should make sure I set my auto email fetch in SnapperMail to every minute so that I don't miss the email (and keep my CURRENT Treo plugged in)!!
    How does GRPS work with unlocked phones? Without that little locked "Network" profile, how would we connect to the data network?

I believe (not 100% certain) that when you backup yout present model and then restore data on the 600 that the info will come forward.
    uhhn................................................................................................ .wha? Where am I? I think I hit my head. Weebit, you have to warn us to sit down before you drop bombs lik that!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

I believe (not 100% certain) that when you backup yout present model and then restore data on the 600 that the info will come forward.
    Yes, it does. Thats prolly why i have 8 copies of "T-Mobile Internet" in my Prefs..

Well then, since that's settled, where do i send my check?
    -- Go Illini!
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    uhhn................................................................................................ .wha? Where am I? I think I hit my head. Weebit, you have to warn us to sit down before you drop bombs lik that!
    LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast