Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with *2 Customer Service. According to the woman with whom I spoke, Sprint will begin taking orders for the Treo 600 on Thursday, October 2nd. On that same date, the units should be available in stores. If this is true, I'm totally stoked!

    Anyone care to see if they get similar responses from Sprint Customer Care?
  2. #2  
    KEWL!! Well, I guess Dreampages was the only one that won't be getting them then!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    interesting, but - I wonder how valid and accurate their info is. I guess my enthusiasm is dampened by the source. They could have confused Treo600 with A600, or something - who knows.
    I certainly HOPE that's accurate info!! I am all over it if it is.
    (I stopped in my local SPCS store yesterday, asked one of the dudes there, and he said sometime in the next month or so, but that he didn't have really hard data to back that up)...
  4. #4  
    I just called Sprint too. I was told "all that the computer says is its 'coming soon".

    I just called Handspring as well. Arrival date is "late fall" according to them.

    Neither is taking orders yet.

    This is a typical Sprint experience.
  5. #5  
    Here is a good experiment to try. Call *2 three different days and see if you get three different responses. Betcha that you do.
  6. #6  
    I went by my local sprint store yesterday.
    The workers response was "Treo What ?"
  7. #7  
    I just got off the phone with Sprint customer service as well. The person I talked to was very polite - I asked her if there was another model I could upgrade to (from the Treo 300), citing the problems I had had, and she said, "Yes, there's the Treo 600." She couldn't find a release date, though, so she put me on hold. After a few minutes, she came back and said that it will be available October 6! (She also said the Hitachi G1000 will be available tomorrow.) Whoever is in charge of giving info to the sales folks should be fired, if that person even exists....
  8. #8  
    i ordered an i500 when it came out through sprint telesales-i got shipped an a500...i believe failing your hearing test is a requirement for working @ sprint.
  9. #9  
    I called, talked a polite guy but when I inquired about the release of the 600 he instantly said late Oct-early Nov, maybe earlier. I told him news is out that it will be onsale by Sprint and in their stores as early as the Oct.2 and if he could confirm that, all he said was he couldn't and the best info he had was end of month..... He would not check his comp, no matter what I asked it seems...
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by itlan
    ... and the best info he had was end of month.....
    Appropriate...Trick or Treat.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by itlan
    I called, talked a polite guy but when I inquired about the release of the 600 he instantly said late Oct-early Nov, maybe earlier. I told him news is out that it will be onsale by Sprint and in their stores as early as the Oct.2 and if he could confirm that, all he said was he couldn't and the best info he had was end of month..... He would not check his comp, no matter what I asked it seems...
    I called my "local" Sprint Store manager and he said October 7 is when he was due to "have a few, not many." He was cool about it and said he would put my name on one.

    Then I read this thread and called the ever friendly Claire @ *2 and talked to a guy who was polite, but, as usual, not helpful. He too, would not go ask anyone else, just kept saying late Oct or early Nov, it depends. But it would be at Sprint Stores first, then resellers. I politely asked to speak with his supervisor and it was like ok, but he is not available, I'll have him call you. Like I'm going to hold my breath on that one!

    These guys need to get with the program. No matter what they do, number portability is coming down the pike and it is going to be shoved down their throats whether they like it or not. Poor or so-so coverage is one thing, we all have to live with that from time-to-time. Poor customer service is just not acceptable. This will chase more customers away then poor or so-so coverage.

    Heck, if I was this rude to my clients (or as wrong as the weather people are -- and how hard can this be in Florida??) I would be out of business.

    Deep breaths, now ... in ... out ... repeat.

    You know, come to think about it, that T-Mo store is one block away and my contract is up at the end of October. Let's hope Sprint plays nice in the next 60 days (or, should I say 54 days 'til LNP).
  12. #12  
    No wonder Sprint's phone support is so bad at times...

    Everyone is bothering them about when the Treo is coming.


    Personally, I am just going to camp out at my Sprint store starting the 2nd.

    Mike
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    No wonder Sprint's phone support is so bad at times...

    Everyone is bothering them about when the Treo is coming.


    Personally, I am just going to camp out at my Sprint store starting the 2nd.

    Mike
    Got my tent pitched already!
  14. #14  
    So I just called the telesales phone number and spoke to a very rude person. She seemed very pissed off when I asked about the Treo 600 and gave a great sigh when I mentioned the word Treo. Then I figured if I had upset her so much with the Treo question I might as well go all the way and ask about the T608 as well. She did the same thing and told me she had no idea when either was coming out. I do work for Sprint as a RSR, so I'm gonna make a few calls to some coworkers next and see what they know. I'll keep you guys posted.
  15. #15  
    I calle too and was told to check back next month
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by angrytaxman
    So I just called the telesales phone number and spoke to a very rude person. She seemed very pissed off when I asked about the Treo 600 and gave a great sigh when I mentioned the word Treo. Then I figured if I had upset her so much with the Treo question I might as well go all the way and ask about the T608 as well. She did the same thing and told me she had no idea when either was coming out. I do work for Sprint as a RSR, so I'm gonna make a few calls to some coworkers next and see what they know. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Glad to see they treat their own employees as poorly as their customers!

    Hmmm ... maybe someone higher up needs to pay attention!

    Thanks for keeping us posted angrytaxman!
  17. #17  
    Local sprint store says two to three weeks at the most. They also said that they would only be getting one or two because they don't get those types of phones in large quantities!
  18. #18  
    So this time I tried calling the Employee Accounts people to see if they'd be more informed or be more willing to give away some info to me. They knew nothing about the Treo 600 and hardley even knew what the 300 was. They told me to check with the stores...even after I told her that I was a Sales person. Oh well. I'm going to try to get a hold of some techs and see what they know.
  19. #19  
    My local sprint store manager has said the 6th of october, and when I phoned him today he still felt that would be the case. He said he would do some extra snooping and get back to me. I will pass along anything I hear.
    Jeff
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by Snowracer
    My local sprint store manager has said the 6th of october, and when I phoned him today he still felt that would be the case. He said he would do some extra snooping and get back to me. I will pass along anything I hear.
    seems reasonable...sprint always introduces on a monday and the 6th is right about where a lot of people thought...altough from a lot of online sources and reviews the 13th sounds more accurate.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions