Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tjd - yep, should I say "peddle" to Jax from NC ;-> My son ;->
    Just got in from 2 local SPCS stores (1 full service, 1 express) They say the recieved an e-mail in stores at about 4:15 pm EST stating next Wed. is the day for the stores 10/8.
    Are you sure it is next wednesday because I will be there as soon as the opens...I mean there are so many dates floating around...It is hard to believe..

I sure hope it is next wednesday.
    I just left my local sprint NY store. They confirmed that the store received an E-Mail today briefing them on the features of the Treo600.. The E-Mail however did not mention price or avalibility.
    There are many reasons I am sure that explain why the T300 is sitting in stores, unfortunately I don't own stock in SPCS so I can't ask.

But the I700 has been a fulfillment only phone for VzW and while it is annoying to not be able to get one that day it is working out for them to contol inventory and replacement issues quickly.

Hopefully the T600 will be in my hands that day when I sign a up (14 day trial) with SPCS.
    My sister in law- a sales rep here in Memphis- confirmed to me at about 3:30pm central that next wends is they day for their full service store to get it. She could not confim the two per store rumor- but promised to get one off the truck for me.
    Barrett
    Ok, I found out today that all of the Sprint stores in my area are "affiliate" stores and not actually Sprint stores. This means that they are somehow sub stores of a main store on the other side of the state (CO).

Does anyone know (yes, I know this is a shot in the dark) whether or not the 2 per store means 2 per store or 2 per base store?

I tried to reserve one today but they wouldn't do it. They just told me to order it through Sprint's website, but I am not going to do that since I want to change plans and move phone numbers around to different phones.
    I went in to a pretty large Sprint store in the north metro Atlanta area today to ask about availability. The sales rep was clueless about availability but was kind enough to go back in the back and ask the "technician". Ten minutes later he returned to inform me that they didn't think they would have any until almost the end of the month and it would only be in "very small quantities" then.

Interestingly, he did say that he expected the Best Buy down the street to have them in much sooner and in larger quantity. (Outstanding salesmanship!)
    will work for 600
    I went in to a pretty large Sprint store in the north metro Atlanta area today to ask about availability. The sales rep was clueless about availability but was kind enough to go back in the back and ask the "technician". Ten minutes later he returned to inform me that they didn't think they would have any until almost the end of the month and it would only be in "very small quantities" then.

Interestingly, he did say that he expected the Best Buy down the street to have them in much sooner and in larger quantity. (Outstanding salesmanship!)
    will work for 600
    i have been reading alot about this, it won't come out until after october 5, 2003, so it MIGHT hit the stores on october 13 or later.

i went today to my sprint store in brooklyn ,ny and they said it might come at the end of the month and the possiblity is that it would first show up in the 42st location in manhattan. rather than the branch stores. so i think say goodbye to it, because there is some people will hunt it before you and will get it to sell it on ebay for profit because there is not much out in the first rollout.

they still have the treo 300 in stock in hugh quantities and they have a rebate, and it is not selling so they WILL delay the treo 600 for there best interest. not every one knows about the treo 600, not like us over here, we are like hawks looking for the prey!

getting it from smart stores like bestbuy or circut city or compusa is the answer. forget about sprint stores if you want to be happy !
    That whole post made no sense to me unix-master. Maybe I'm just insane with desire for a 600 and I have no clarity on the issue?
    Originally posted by longday
    That whole post made no sense to me unix-master. Maybe I'm just insane with desire for a 600 and I have no clarity on the issue?
    oh well what can you do ?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    According to the latest information in our systems (updated Sep. 27), the Treo 600's "Intro ETA" is October 3rd. I'm thinking intro ETA means that we're introducing the Treo 600 on the 3rd? Which hopefully means that we're actually getting the Treo 600's in the store on the 3rd, and not some dummy model. Although, we have not yet gotten the dummy model which we normally get before the real phones arrive...

We'll see...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by unix-master

getting it from smart stores like bestbuy or circut city or compusa is the answer. forget about sprint stores if you want to be happy !
    That's basically what I'm hoping to do...however it should be noted CC no longer carries Sprint phones...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've had good luck with Handspring's sales agents in the past. I plan on giving them a call to purchase my Sprint Treo 600. At least the Handspring agents have knowledge on the only smartphone I'm interested in buying. I don't see why Handspring wouldn't offer the Treo 600 at the same time Sprint does.
    Originally posted by newguy

mine pointed me to radio shack
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123