Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    After getting excited by this thread I called my local Sprint office. The person I spoke with said that it would be soon, but that she would never commit to a date in a situation like this. The units will ship from KY and she said that there could be as much as a week’s difference in arrival time between stores. But she did say that the store’s Technical person would be on a conference call Thursday after which they would have a lot more information.
    Originally posted by starlord II
    The units will ship from KY and she said that there could be as much as a week’s difference in arrival time between stores.
    Shipping from Kentucky? I don't know why that would be the case, but it would be good for me!
    Ok I finally got a reply from my tech. he said that each store should be getting 2 Treo's in starting next week. I assume that this will probably be all they get for some time. So start making contacts or trying to buy it online, stores normally don't get many of things like this in and usually sell out quickly. I can't guarentee that this will definatly happen, but I sure hope it does as much as each and everyone of you does too. I will post more info if I get it.
    Oh also they would ship from KY since that's where corp. offices are and the warehouse is there too (I think).
    Sprint's corporate offices are in Kansas, not Kentucky. Their warehouse could be anywhere.

Geoffrey
    Well at least I am on the right path to hell if I go SPCS. The local stores are clueless in Syracuse NY area. I have asked about plans coverage and the T600. They actually told me that they wouldn't see the phone for some time most likely when Best Buy gets it they will too. You see Syracuse is not considered a larger metro market, but Buffalo, Rochester, Albany are go figure. We are smack dab in the middle of the friggin state.

Clueless looks abound I guess since they don't see much traffic. He was able to bring up my address location to show me the SPCS coverage in relation when their CS Reps told me I would be out of range most of the time, yeah right.
    It seems that final source inspections went well and the Treo 600 should be hitting Sprint stores sometime next week.
    Ok...I have a question. Why only send 1-2 units per store in major metropolitan areas? They have to know there is a buzz, so why not flood the market and get as many as you can bought at the higher price (assuming prices will come down over the months)....???

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    There is little evidence that anything so far posted on TreoCentral and elsewhere has any basis in fact.

That is, "2 per store" is not backed up in any manner, nor is it "fact" that this REALLY means "2 per store average" or "2 per every store" or any other variation.

Or when.

I'll believe everything when a BUNCH of folks get onboard here and say "I walked out with one for N dollars!".

No kidding.

The TREO 180 (and 90 and 270 for that matter) was a classic case of "available" and "shipping" and "in the stores!" for literally MONTHS before folks started REALLY saying "I've got mine!".
    Originally posted by kyuk99

Shipping from Kentucky? I don't know why that would be the case, but it would be good for me!
    I believe UPS worldwide Logistics does fulfiilment for Sprint PCS, and their main DC is at UPS's airhub at the Louisville airport.
    Carl
    Sprint plays it smart with quantity of what they order, if you want to call it that. The first initial orders are small and Sprint would rather sell a product out and allow it to sit in backorder status to see how many more they should request. This pretty much gives them a forecast on demand of the product so they don't over order the product then have a bunch of units sitting on the shelves collecting dust as the Treo 300 is doing now, I beleive that is a better analysis than just going off of a general buzz (word of mouth). Also if there are any major bugs with the first batch they don't have to send a bunch of units back to the wherehouse for re-flashing of software. This is especially done with expensive products like the T600, G1000, i500 etc.
    That is, "2 per store" is not backed up in any manner, nor is it "fact" that this REALLY means "2 per store average" or "2 per every store" or any other variation.
    My local sprint store told me that that is what they would be getting. I don't live in a huge city so maybe other places will get more. I'm only passing along what I was told. No date was told to me just "a few more weeks"
    The Online store for sprint currently says this:

Temporarily Unavailable
    We are very sorry, but the Sprint Store Online is currently undergoing maintenance.

Could this mean they are adding the Treo 600 to the database so we can all bomb their site with orders????

Please, please, please
    You aint gotta lie to Kick it !
    Ahhhh, It's back up and no new additions. Oh well. It gave me hope for a whoppin 15 minutes....
    You aint gotta lie to Kick it !
    Originally posted by SuprVTX1800
    The Online store for sprint currently says this:

Temporarily Unavailable
    We are very sorry, but the Sprint Store Online is currently undergoing maintenance.

Could this mean they are adding the Treo 600 to the database so we can all bomb their site with orders????

Please, please, please
    would be nice, but I doubt it. The Sprint web site is notorious for being down for maintenance.
    People at SPCS store know nothing: I stopped by the one in Irvine, CA yesterday ('cause they never answer any phone calls) and the first person told me she didn't know there was going to be a new Treo while the second one told me it would be comming maybe in December

I'm not worrying though: during the release of I-500 (end of August, went crazy on pdaphonehome.com), I stopped by EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK and heard that they didn't receive any/didn't know what it was... At the end of the second week, I started challenging the rep for a good 15 minutes and he finally decided to talk to the inventory person in the back. I walked there with him. The girl out there said 'Yes, we received 4 of them at the begining of the week but they all sold in a day... I only have the demo phone left that we can't sell OR PUT IN DISPLAY SINCE WE DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER ONES "

Based on I-500 account, I think Telesales (with the hearing impairement limitation) and WWW will be my best bet to get an early one... My $0.02

Wish WBO had a sprint connection
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    ...and I thought I was sick....

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Originally posted by GreenTeeth

Wish WBO had a sprint connection
    Well, if he doesn't, maybe we should ask DrDoom!!!

Doom, wassup with the SPCS 600's?

I'd drive to Jax if you'd save one for me.
    ...as would I (drive to Jax)...and I live in NC...

Originally posted by NCTreo300
    ...as would I (drive to Jax)...and I live in NC...

Dude -- Nice ride!
    The account that I gave is from my stores technitian, and it is an official Sprint update. It is called the inventory update list. One is sent out to the technician (who also manages inventory) every week. It is also acessable by other people in the Sprint stores, such as me (an RSR) or even CSR's if they know what they're looking for. It does in fact say 2 per store...if that will actually happen I don't know, but that's what it says and that's what the plans are.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast