1.    #1  
    I'm not very knowlegeable about e-mail security.
    I am a physican. I want to use the T600 as my pager. BUT, my hospital-answering service tells me they require some encryption due to potential 'patient-information' leaking out. Sprint couldnt tell me much about it. Anybody have any info that may help. Thanks.
    i dont think you can encrypt sms....its not supported by sprint....(correct me if i am wrong) but incryption has to do with how the server is built.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Various 3rd party email apps like Snappermail support 128 bit SSL encryptions. Also, while I don't beleive Sprint's SMS (actually "text messenging") supports encryptons, if you only use it as trigger for your email then this shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, its' soo hard to crack the cdma signal due to phase variance etc that this really isn't even significant issue...

P.S. I also want to mention other email clients like Versamail that support SSL which may be important if you need IMAP...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/29/2003 at 08:52 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The problem with intercepted messages is not some snoop "listening on the airwaves" but, for example, some dweeb mishandling some old harddisks or backup tapes (like selling them at surplus without thoroughly destroying contents first).

The doctor needs encryption from his device through to the recipient's device or that private data, that gets "stored and forwarded" by Sprint, could EASILY get into someone else's hands.