1.    #1  
    I've seen the orange treo 600's have a blue backlight...will it be the same for the sprint version?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I hope you are mistaken. Blue light is the worst for visibility.
    But blue definately looks the coolest
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    are you referring to the backlight for the screen, or the light behind the buttons? i've got another question along these lines. i've never used a 270 or 300, only my 180g. for me, the backlight is something you turn on manually. is the backlight for the 270/300/600 on whenever the unit is turned on? in otherwords, when i see pictures of the screen in color, not only is the background white (instead of my thrilling grey) but it looks illuminated.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  5.    #5  
    well in the neccesity of a backlight the screen appears to beat its brightest...the backlight isnt for the screen...welcome to the world of color ...its allready illuminated....the backlight is for the keyboard...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I take it the backlight or contrast will be adjustable?
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    I take it the backlight or contrast will be adjustable?
    Well those are two different things... the backlight isn't adjustable, but the contrast is. This is straight out of the manual (though the little icons of the buttons can't show up in the text here so it doesn't make as much sense):

Display and Appearance

Turning on the keyboard backlight
    When you turn on night mode, the keyboard backlight illuminates the keys, and the screen dims slightly.
    1. Press Option then .
    2. To turn off the backlight, press Option then again.

Adjusting the Contrast and Brightness
    Depending on the lighting conditions in which you’re using your Treo, you may need to adjust the screen contrast and brightness.
    1. Press Applications Launcher .
    2. Choose the pick list in the upper-right corner, then select All.
    3. Choose the Prefs icon .
    4. Choose the pick list in the upper-right corner, then select Display.
    5. Choose the brightness slider, and use Left and Right to adjust brightness.
    6. Choose the contrast slider, and use Left and Right to adjust contrast.

I still hope the backlight is blue. That will look so sweet
    Thanks I appreciate that info.