Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will the Treo 600 have the ability with the included software to sync email with my desktop Outlook? If not, what app would you recommend and why.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Doesn't HS use Hot Sync, if so then yes Hot Sync works fine with Outlook. Otherwise dl HS from PalmOne and go for it.
    So far, this is a major disaster as far as I am concerned. There is no application that I found yet that will sync Treo 600 with Outlook inbox, and it stinks that they removed that feature. I thought I was upgrading! The regular Palm software will not work. Help!
    PJ
    Eudora mail purports to sync with outlook. I haven't tried it yet.
    Cha Ching! Kudos to Quistk99 for the Eudora Tip. Internet Suite 2.1 from Eudora.com is the ticket. It is free, and syncs with Outlook inbox, as well as checking pop3 accounts via wireless. After talking to all the folks at both Sprint and Handspring, I come here and get the solution within 10 minutes. Thank you! It works beautifully.
    PJ
    I just called SPCS to ask about why my email wasn't working (I'm not an expert at this stuff). Anyway, the tech told me to download Eudora 2.1 for FREE so I can use the SPCS servers. The SPCS guy also stated that they only provide tech support for Eudora.

http://eudora.com/internetsuite/download/

"Eudora Internet Suite™ for the Palm Computing® platform is available as a free download for Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux and other Unix-based operating systems. Macintosh, Linux and Unix users can install EIS onto their Palm OS device, and use it to manage their mail and browse the Web via a direct connection to the Internet, but they will not be able to sync with their desktop email program in the current release."
    now if using docs 2 go or quickoffice is there need to use eudora??
    I also want to sync with outlook email and the default mail app (orange gsm treo 600) doesn't do it. Nor does snappermail. My next stop is to try palms versamail - which I understand *should* be able to.

Has anyone tried versamail?
    I downloaded the Eudora Internet Suite, but it won't install on my XP laptop. It always hang on setup. Anyone else experience this issue?
    Originally posted by jpahl
    I also want to sync with outlook email and the default mail app (orange gsm treo 600) doesn't do it. Nor does snappermail. My next stop is to try palms versamail - which I understand *should* be able to.

Has anyone tried versamail?
    Yes Versamail will do this:

VersaMail 2.5 brings your email to your handheld with a simple touch of the HotSync button. On a Windows PC, you can synchronize with MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Exchange, Lotus Notes, Domino, or Eudora. You can even sync Internet POP accounts!
    http://www.palmone.com/us/software/versamail25/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What Versamail seems to actually do is:
    - Copy PC inbox to Treo
    - Copy PC sent items to Treo
    - Copy Treo outbox items to PC ready to send

Hence if you've received any email or sent any email from the Treo itself it gets overwritten and hence lost. This is not a real "synchronisation".

I'm still looking for an email solution.
    I have tried Eudora and although it installed successfully, it still did not sync the outlook inbox. I am not sure what is wrong. Is something wrong with the product, or is due to the fact that I am running outlook 2003?

This is a real dissapointment. I started out years ago with the very first Palm Pilot and even then it sync to the outlook mailbox. Having moved to pocket PCs for great functionality, I have now been drawn back by the Treo 600 due to its great keyboard which is perfect for sms and of course e-mail.

If I still cannot get decent e-mail sync with outlook working, looks like my treo might be for sale soon, which is a great waste for i love the rest of the device.
    kclow, have you tried BizConn? It syncs great with Outlook for me...Including not just email, but also the documents on my desktop....
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I haven't installed the Palm version of Eudora, but have had a lot of experience working with it on the PC.

First off, you're not really syncing with Outlook, you're syncing against an Exchange server, so you're moving mail only, not contacts or any of that.

Next, you're not really syncing-- you're connecting as a client and dealing with your mail.

If your Exchange server is set up to allow incoming POP3 connections, and outgoing SMTP connections, just shove that info in there, and you should be good to go.

Many Outlook-only Exchange servers aren't configured that way. If that's the case at your company, you might be able to connect using IMAP instead of POP3-- you'll need to play with settings to make this work, but basically you'll need to pass the same information you use to log into your machine before running outlook.

Sprint's Business Connection gets you a bit farther-- what you have there is a bridge between your Exchange server and your Treo-- you install the server on your PC, it finds Outlook, then uses Outlook to talk to your Exchange server to get your mail. It then relays that mail to Sprint, and your Treo connects to Sprint to pick it up. The big negative here is that if you can't leave your PC running, you can't check your mail.

For syncing contacts and so forth, PocketMirror, which should have come on your CD, will sync all those things, but the version on the CD only syncs the basics-- you can't sync to sub folders, just the mail contacts folder or calendar, etc. The pro version is supposed to give you more options, but I haven't played with it.

The last solution, which is really more of a corporate enterprise solution, is to install the Good server and software. This basically turns your Treo 600 into a wireless copy of Outlook-- allegedly anything that happens to your outlook-- new mail, shared contacts, new appointments, etc-- will be periodically pushed to your Treo. You don't need to leave your personal PC on, but you do need to install a new client on your Treo, and the server software on your Exchange box, and it's going to cost you another $300 or so a year, plus the software costs. My company is supposed to be moving to this next year, I'll be sure to post how it works when we get that up and running.
    Thanks jsabo for your contribution - however it doesn't seem to quite match my pc setup. I'm synching the treo with my home pc where my understanding is outlook is my email client, usually working with my ISP which is the server. As its a home PC its usually switched off and as I'm in the UK with an Orange contract, I'm not sure that Sprint's business connection is right for me. Is that the same or different from the BizConn s/w package others have recommended?

What I want is my two email clients (treo and pc) to synchronise mail folders, and it seems really amazing that (as far as I know) no s/w does this.
    Originally posted by jpahl
    What Versamail seems to actually do is:
    - Copy PC inbox to Treo
    - Copy PC sent items to Treo
    - Copy Treo outbox items to PC ready to send

Hence if you've received any email or sent any email from the Treo itself it gets overwritten and hence lost. This is not a real "synchronisation".

I'm still looking for an email solution.
    With all do respect. I think you are wrong. I am running versamail 2.5 and this is what mine does.
    -Copy PC Inbox to Treo (but if you have read the email on the Treo it shows as being read on the pc and on the treo.) All you have to do is check "leave copy on server" on the Treo Client. Then when your desktop connects it gets the same mail as you downloaded on your Treo. When you sync it will show the Treo read mail as being read on the Desktop. Make sure your desktop is not leaving a copy on the server and it will work great.
    -It Sync's PC and Treo Sent items
    -Don't know about outbox because you hit send on the treo it becomes a sent item. I can't see why something would stay in the outbox unless you did not have data service or something.
    -It will also sync drafts.

I also use Inbox ToGo for my wireless corperate exchange email.
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/inboxtogo/index.html
    This also offers true syncronization and also syncs your attachments.

Works for me
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Thanks for your suggestions.

At the moment the Treo and PC are acting as clients to different ISPs with delete from server in both cases, and hence the need to sync the inboxes. As you say I could get the PC to read from both ISPs and the Treo not to delete after downloading. Of course that would mean downloading messages from the mobile ISP twice (eg Treo and PC), and having to do it before I hotsync, but I suppose itcould be done.

That would just leave the sent items to sync (given sent to different ISPs), which I haven't managed to do yet but maybe I need to configure something.
    I am able to sync with my contacts, emails and tasks. What I have not figured out is how to get my Documents such as Word files over to my Treo. Has anyone managed to make this migration?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    I am able to sync with my contacts, emails and tasks. What I have not figured out is how to get my Documents such as Word files over to my Treo. Has anyone managed to make this migration?
    Geeky Mom,

What program are you using to Sync your emails? Are you using something else to send wireless email?
    Originally posted by joelbra

Geeky Mom,

What program are you using to Sync your emails? Are you using something else to send wireless email?
    I don't know if I'll be able to help much cuz I downloaded Eudora, Snapper and the HS, and I'm not sure which one is actually syncing.

But my guess is Eudora.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast