1.    #1  
    I know this may seem like a dumb question.. but you know the old saying...

I know the T600 doesn't have voice recording, but I should be able to use voice activated dialing if I went with any of the carriers who offer it correct.

Also any comment as to who offers the best service (VAD) out of Sprint, ATT or Verizon. Although at this time it is not being offered by Verizon?

Thanks
    sprint offers voice dialing for 5$ a month first 90 days free. it's a nice feature and it's accurate. i recommend keying info in ( at the sprint web site ) vs. recording it in.

this device desperately needs a voice recorder..
    PLEASE do a serach before you ask questions like this. Also, as it has been stated MANY times throughout this board, in the T600 the OS has acess to the microphone, which means that a 3rd party devoloper could create both voice recording and voice dialing software.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Originally posted by its_treo4me
    I know the T600 doesn't have voice recording, but I should be able to use voice activated dialing if I went with any of the carriers who offer it correct.

Also any comment as to who offers the best service (VAD) out of Sprint, ATT or Verizon. Although at this time it is not being offered by Verizon?

Thanks
    I have Sprint Voice Command on my Treo 300 and it works great. I've set it up as my 2nd speed dial which allows my to activate it easily with one hand. However, I was very much hoping that the Treo600 would have voice command out the box so I could drop the extra $5/month charge. The one good thing about the Sprint feature, however, is that if you have a shared plan, the service covers ALL phones on the plan. Thus if you have 3 shared phones, you only pay $5 per month for voice command on all phones. Anyway, I'm eagarly anticipation (and hoping) a developer will soon release a voice command app for the Treo600. We'll just have to see....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I prefer VAD to be an app on the device not on some network. I don't care to have more than necessary on anyone's network for security purposes.