1.    #1  
    Hey gang. I'm a Treo 180 owner who would like to upgrade to the 600 when it's out. Anyone know what Handspring's discount is supposed to be for current owners?
    Yup.
    $100
    (it's only been mentioned about 100 times now.........)
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Time to ask another redundant question When? I've heard a week after the carriers to a month after.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Read the front page article on TreoCentral titled Mission Possible
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    Read the front page article on TreoCentral titled Mission Possible
    Doesn't say when Handspring would be offering the phone for the discount.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    You have to assume it would be announced at the launch. If they announced a discount a week or month later they'd have a ton of their most loyal customers very upset.
    Another that I don't think I've have heard any speculation on is what will Sprint's Discount be to current sprint Users. They usually dont offer discounts, but does anyone think they might or have any history of them doing so.

Then we can talk about which discount would be better HS or Sprint.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    You have to assume it would be announced at the launch. If they announced a discount a week or month later they'd have a ton of their most loyal customers very upset.
    if i remember correctly, when the original 180/180g were announced, it was a little later that they offered that discount. i remember the launch and how much i wanted one, but just couldn't afford it at the time. then i heard about the $100 off from HS from previous HS owners and i went for it. i think there was some lag time in there, but again, i could be mistaken. i hope they do it this way again (offer the discount) since i don't plan on leaving T-Mo and i know they won't give me a discount as a current customer. That is if T-Mo is even going to carry it!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    So it's going to be $449 for us if we walk into the store with the treo discount? Last time I was at the Sprint store the sales rep said he could probably get me $50 phone credit due to my being there for a while. Unfortunately, 1.5 years ago I moved to TX and all my previous California Sprint tenure doesn't count (and I had another 2.5 years in Cali).

Oh well. I always get screwed when it comes to purchasing phones from Sprint. I300 = $499, Treo - $499, I've never received a credit, EVER.

Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe if I break my 300 or something I can cheat the system that has cheated me. I really do not want to spend $449 this time around because I bought mine for 499 last year and Best Buy and Amazon had it for $299, and Sprint wouldn't help me out with a price match, so I'm all game for playing the game to my advantage. I've spent over $10,000 with Sprint over 4 years, so I feel they owe me, but they treat me like crap when it comes to buying phones.

Any recommendations?
    Sprint List Price $550
    Discount for signing new contract $150
    Credit for current Treo $100
    Cost of Treo 600 $300
    Originally posted by vflopez
    Sprint List Price $550
    Cost of Treo 600 $300
    can u combine the offers?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by vflopez
    Sprint List Price $550
    Cost of Treo 600 $300
    Ok, it said NEW activation not resigning contract, there's a HUGE difference. Resigning a contract gets you a $25-$75 credit depending on how long you've been there and how much you pay every month.