1.    #1  
    I live in a rural area and the sprint service for my 300 does not have all that great of coverage. Will I be able to roam on the Verizon network with a 600 or will it show No Service like my 300.
    Originally posted by rewagler
    I live in a rural area and the sprint service for my 300 does not have all that great of coverage. Will I be able to roam on the Verizon network with a 600 or will it show No Service like my 300.
    You'll be able to roam digitally on Verizon with the Treo 600. It's dual band CDMA 800/1900 mhz unlike the Treo 300 which is 1900 mhz only.
    Do you think that when one is roaming on verizon one will be able to access data services?
    Originally posted by MobileGuy
    Do you think that when one is roaming on verizon one will be able to access data services?
    No you cannot. While roaming, whether digitally or via analog, only voice services will work. No data services work, including Vision, Shortmail/text messages, voicemail notifications, etc.
    Kinda stinks you can't. But when roaming on VzW you can't use their EN either so its a trade off. Cutting edge phone with growing home network or not so great phone choices that you wouldn't want data access on anyways?
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

No you cannot. While roaming, whether digitally or via analog, only voice services will work. No data services work, including Vision, Shortmail/text messages, voicemail notifications, etc.
    In GSM world things are better. I went with my GSM phone to Paris and got GPRS working without any setup. I bet I will be able to do the same with GSM Treo 600.

Vadim
    We are still not there yet (IMHO) in the states regarding GSM coverage. Since the Treo is both CDMA and GSM, as a current CDMA (Sprint) customer, I have looked into perhaps making the switch to GSM. From what I can gather from coverage maps, the GSM coverage from ANY of the big 3 in the US still does not equal the footprint of Sprint. I know that T-Mo, ATT and Cingular are rapidly building out their networks, but given the GSM phone does not include TDMA support, I think the coverage of GSM only service in the US is very spotty.

I dont know what these networks (nor Sprints) will look like in the next 2 years, but for now, I am not ready to make the change to GSM.
    Carl