Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any actual comparisions yet?
    I am interested in the difference between Windows 2002, and Palm OS. What advantages do each have over the other?

Pocket 2002 Windows does not have Blue Tooth, or the new Y Fi Technology. Treo 600 will support Java? What advantages does Java mean?

Is there a difference between games as far as how they will look and play?

I have a Hitachi P1000, and am not that thrilled with it.
    The phone isn't that user friendly. There is an advantage with Headphones, as you can use whatever you want.

Can someone please do a pre analazation on these 2?
    Are you talking about the G1000?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    PPC and Treo cannot be compared...you have people like purplex who go all out to convert ppl into ppc lovers and then you have people like yours truely who are absolutely in love with the treo. it all really depends on what you want...if you are a heavy gamer and want a hi res screen but with less apps, go with ppc. if you want an awesome form factor, more apps, and want to use it more as a productivity tool then the treo is for you...personally i make a lot of phone calls and send and recieve a lot of emails...ppc just doesnt cut it...the treo is perfect though...so it all depends on you and what you are looking for.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    http://www.wirelessnewsfactor.com/perl/story/22369.html

this writer also did a review on the 600, but i can't find it now
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Comparison is easy.

Take 2 x Treo 600s
    Then get a house brick and write Microsoft on it and strap it to one of them

There you go

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    work of 'cut & paste', just for a brief comparison....
    Last edited by vkchengm; 09/28/2003 at 09:33 PM.
    Originally posted by vkchengm
    work of 'cut & paste', just for a brief comparison....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are you sure you got the scales right? I can't imagine anyone buying hte Hitachi at that size. Weird.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Are you sure you got the scales right? I can't imagine anyone buying hte Hitachi at that size. Weird.
    me either!! actual source are as below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I thought this was interesting. Stephen Wildstrom from BusinessWeek reviewed both the Treo600 and G1000.

The Handspring Treo 600 is an example of how good design happens when you get a lot of little things right. Its bigger stable mate from Sprint PCS (PCS ), the Hitachi G1000, is a painful example of what happens when you get a lot of little things, and some big things, wrong.
    Check them out:

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...1274_tc081.htm
    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...0753_tc072.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. purpleX
    I am not sure how anybody can take that fluffy review seriously. "creative burst'? 'Best of breed'?

I have two words for his 'creative burst': CF slot. As for best of breed, well the inbreed device doesn't attrack enough company to save handspring from oblivion.
    Originally posted by purpleX

I have two words for his 'creative burst': CF slot. As for best of breed, well the inbreed device doesn't attrack enough company to save handspring from oblivion.
    Not to "burst" your bubble ska (well actually yes), the G1000 doesn't have a CF either. Anyway, we already spent enough time arguing about this device...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What's so speicial about CF? The 600 does include a SD slot, SD cards being MUCH smaller than CF cars. Alos, while more expensive, SD cards come in much larger sizes.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Originally posted by mwylde
    What's so speicial about CF? The 600 does include a SD slot, SD cards being MUCH smaller than CF cars. Alos, while more expensive, SD cards come in much larger sizes.
    What? You can get 4 GB CF flash drives today...CF definitely comes in larger storage capacities as well as in more varying peripherals than SD! The problem is that is makes the deivce too big...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/29/2003 at 05:27 AM.

> ...The problem is that is makes the device too big...

Perhaps Tablet PCs are going to be the rage:

-- http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pluggedin_dc_1

they sound somewhat ideal for classroom use, perhaps also for in-car, in-plane, and in-hotel-room use (I can imagine all sorts of "cradles", etc that allow a touch-screen LARGE-display device to be used for all sorts of interesting things in cars, etc).

Hook one up bluetooth-wise with a cellphone and done.

(do many people ACTUALLY surf with their cellphone? Surfing that couldn't be done BETTER with a "tablet"?)
    I have held the G1000 in my hands at a local CompUSA and yes, it is that huge. It is a joke to consider the G1000 as a phone because of the enormous size of the unit. That thing makes an IPAQ look like a wristwatch. I know that it has more features, larger screen, and better mutlimedia capabilities than the the Treo 600, but so does my laptop. The similarity, neither the G1000 or my laptop will fit in my pants or jacket pocket making both impractical for use as a PDA and/or phone. I still think the G1000 is a cool device, but I do not consider it to be a viable phone or PDA solution.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

they sound somewhat ideal for classroom use, perhaps also for in-car, in-plane, and in-hotel-room use (I can imagine all sorts of "cradles", etc that allow a touch-screen LARGE-display device to be used for all sorts of interesting things in cars, etc).
    Only one problem-the cheapest is over 2000 dollars.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
  18. purpleX
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Not to "burst" your bubble ska (well actually yes), the G1000 doesn't have a CF either. Anyway, we already spent enough time arguing about this device...
    So you haven't read the business week review yourself apparently.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Wlcome back PX we missed you...NOT
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  20. purpleX
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

What? You can get 4 GB CF flash drives today...CF definitely comes in larger storage capacities as well as in more varying peripherals than SD! The problem is that is makes the deivce too big...
    It's called sledge.
    http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1528
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast