1.    #1  
    Any news on availability in Canada?
  2. MrH
    Originally posted by conflagrare
    Any news on availability in Canada?
    My Rogers rep has said that it's unlikely that we'll see another Treo device for the Rogers network. Rogers had a terrible time with Handspring and the Treo 270 (I believe was the model) and reception with the network and support from Handspring when units had to be sent in for repair.

Because of this the relationship is pretty shakey and he said that he doubts you'll see it anytime soon.

Personally I'm looking at picking one up unlocked via HS website so that I can do what I want with it, and have HS directly responsible for the unit if there are problems.
    I have also spoken to Rogers and they don't have an answer except saying that it may be sometime next year. I do believe they will carry the phone because in all of Handsprings press releases it says that Rogers will be a carrier for this phone.

I do have a question about an unlock version. Can I just simply transfer my SIM card from a Treo 270 to an Unlocked Treo 600? What about the settings for the phone and the network connection?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  4. MrH
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    I have also spoken to Rogers and they don't have an answer except saying that it may be sometime next year. I do believe they will carry the phone because in all of Handsprings press releases it says that Rogers will be a carrier for this phone.

I do have a question about an unlock version. Can I just simply transfer my SIM card from a Treo 270 to an Unlocked Treo 600? What about the settings for the phone and the network connection?
    Having never used a Treo personally I can't answer that with authority.

However, with a regular GSM phone all of your phone-based network settings (eg. phone number, voice mail, etc etc...) are stored on the SIM card so you can literally move it from one device to another. Data connection settings are another story, however if you just copy them down from the old phone and put them into the new one you should be fine.

M@
    On the Treo 270 the network settings are locked and you can't view them - so I wouldn't what the settings are - Rogers locks these into the network setting.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  6. MrH
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    On the Treo 270 the network settings are locked and you can't view them - so I wouldn't what the settings are - Rogers locks these into the network setting.
    Well again not from experience, but I would imagine that you'd be able to set them on an unlocked unit. If not I can't see how Handspring would want you to use it...

M@
    Yeah, network settings would just be entered onto the unlocked unit. The settings are available on the Rogers support section.