Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I do not want to blow my $ 600 on the 600.
    For my needs really my 300 is fine now. I connect it to the recharger if I go long.
    I keep the chargers in the car.
    I'm waiting for the 700. It'll be thinner, with hi res, BT.
    Originally posted by mgauss
    It'll be thinner, with hi res, BT.
    Don't hold your breath, everyone thought that would happen with the 600.
    Unless thei T600 is going to be the middle or low end (very possible) then I doubt we will see a T700 anytime soon. Other comments here at TC say about a year out for HS to release its replacement. That makes me wonder are they going to just release one phone a year and make the last version the mid range unit? Hope not.
    The screen is not really that bad; sure, it's not as good as the one on my Tungsten C, but it is still quite good. Everyone that has seen my Treo 600 have been impressed by it. Myself, I have no real use for BT, so the lack of that feature is not a major problem for me. I replaced my SE T610C with the Treo 600 the same day I got it and I won't go back to a 'normal' phone again ;-)
    I do not want to blow my $ 600 on the 600.
    For my needs really my 300 is fine now. I connect it to the recharger if I go long.
    I keep the chargers in the car.
    OK, we get it, the 600 is not a good fit for your needs, and you are very frugal and think it should be cheaper. But I don't understand why you seem intent on sticking around here trying all sorts of ways (excluding presenting new information!) to dissuade those of us who understand the 600's pluses and minuses, find it a good fit, and can afford it from buying it.

As for the "waiting for a 700" comment, thats simply ridiculous -- as anyone who reads this board knows it won't be out for quite a while, and any speculation about what features it will/won't contain is just noise.
    My view, for what it's worth, is that the 600 is currently the best that's available - obviously, as I live in the UK, I'm biased as Orange UK seem to be offering the best price at the moment (300, possibly less depending on the contract you take out). I could wait for the 700, and find that it has nothing special that I need, and that the 800 (or whatever) is not far off with its list of virtual features. I could find myself eternally waiting for the next, 'better' version, and hence eternally using my Visor Deluxe.

I will buy the 600 through Orange, which will tie my into a contract for a year, and then see what's available. However, if the 600 does everything that is claimed, I think I will probably stick with it for at least as long as I've had the Visor.
    > ...Other comments here at TC say about a year out for HS to
    > release its replacement. That makes me wonder are they going
    > to just release one phone a year and make the last version the
    > mid range unit?...

Handspring ceases to exist October 28th.

They will not be releasing any more products.

Palm is in extremely dire financial condition and is losing PalmSource, their higher-margin business, at merger time (Palm issued millions of new shares recently and sold them to some institution for dollars less than the Market price for "operating expenses" - good for that institution, good for Palm, bad for existing shareholders - and about as solid a clue to financial condition as one can get).

Many people think that Palm will be out of business fairly rapidly - probably itself sold to someone else.