Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Sprint plans on launching MO-SMS in the next month or so, which the Treo 600 will be compatible with out the box.

    There's no Treo600SMS in the works.

    Does this mean that we Sprint Treo 600 people will be unable to send/receive text messages until Sprint launches their SMS?
  2. #2  
    I dunno, I'm still kinda weary about the claim PDAapps is not working on a Treo600SMS. If MO-SMS is only going to be available via an additional add-on charge of something like $5-10 USD, I think I'ld much rather pay a one-time $30 fee for Treo600SMS! Furthermore, since Treo600SMS would use shortmail via vision, it would be unlimited. While I don't know if MO-SMS on Sprint will be unlimited, other carriers do have such restricitons...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I dunno, I'm still kinda weary about the claim PDAapps is not working on a Treo600SMS. If MO-SMS is only going to be available via an additional add-on charge of something like $5-10 USD, I think I'ld much rather pay a one-time $30 fee for Treo600SMS! Furthermore, since Treo600SMS would use shortmail via vision, it would be unlimited. While I don't know if MO-SMS on Sprint will be unlimited, other carriers do have such restricitons...
    yea I'd rather pay for the program too.....hopefully Sprint will have an unlimited SMS version....hopefully.
  4. #4  
    Does anyone know for certain that Treo300SMS will not work on the Treo600. If it does then we will still have two way. Has PDApps said that it will not work.
  5. #5  
    Does anyone know for certain that you will still be able to have unlimited vision with a Treo 600? It's not like Sprint doesn't know that anyone with this phone will easily double their internet usage.
    At least I know I will use it more. It's nice to have access once in a while on my Kyo 6035 but it is painfuilly slow.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    Does anyone know for certain that you will still be able to have unlimited vision with a Treo 600? It's not like Sprint doesn't know that anyone with this phone will easily double their internet usage.
    At least I know I will use it more. It's nice to have access once in a while on my Kyo 6035 but it is painfuilly slow.
    I think they would've addressed that since they have 3 or 4 other PDA phones out. Since they haven't I don't expect things to change with the release of the Treo.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    Does anyone know for certain that Treo300SMS will not work on the Treo600. If it does then we will still have two way. Has PDApps said that it will not work.
    I never understood why there were so many different versions (I330SMS, I500SMS, Treo300SMS).........what keeps these apps from working on different phones?
  8. #8  
    I would say different manufacturers but most likely so people cannot share the sprint app with just anyone.
  9. #9  
    I use inbox to go to write SMS messages. It allows me to send to ANY mobile number (not sure if PDAapps or Sprint supports it) and i can check my real mail at the same time. Instead of making the reply address the same as mail regular mail address it allows others the option to call user...i find this a nice replacement. I think it should work with any E-Mail client.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.

Posting Permissions