1.    #1  
    The CNET cell phone diva reviews the Treo 600

http://news.com.com/av/video/synd/ma...2-5083082.html
    A little help? I don't see it when I follow the link....
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The video is not on the page in the link. Go to the ZDNET homepage and you will see the link for the video from there. It's in the upper right hand corner.
    Great video, lots of shots of the Treo 600. Joni has a great additude.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Only real complaint was the lack of Bluetooth. Mentione low res screen but said it looked good. All this info is just making the waiting that much worse.
    What was that they were saying about Java for mobiles along with javascript. They were acting like it could handle java on webpages AND javascript not just script.
    Here's a direct link to the Video for anyone who couldn't find it:

http://zdnet.com.com/1601-2-5083082.html?pref=yes

Yeah, I also caught that remark that the Treo600 support Java runetime addition to javascript for the blazer browser! Does this mean Handspring will bundle a J2ME with the Treo600? Could this be a result of the Palm merger since Palm will soon add J2ME to all its Tungsten branded pdas?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The Treo 600 will support javascript on webpages, but not the java language in the normal form. However, it does support the J2ME form of java - the one that all the games for cellphones are written in. Little has been said abotu this, so it will be interesting to see what carriers do with it.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by miradu
    However, it does support the J2ME form of java - the one that all the games for cellphones are written in. Little has been said abotu this, so it will be interesting to see what carriers do with it.
    I'm guessing with the Sprint version, you'll be able to download all the games / apps that you can download for the regular cell phones. The question is, will the game or app stretch to fill the screen or will it run in a small, cell phone sized screen?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Are ya certain about the J2ME support? As in, J2ME that all the other Sprint phones support for things like games and ringer downloads? Or maybe some other flavuh or function for how HAND has implemented J2ME for this device...just clarify pls. Thnx.
    Very recently, Pa1mOne and IBM made a press release that IBM's implementation of J2ME would be included with future Palms. Perhaps we were catching a reference to an agreement that has not become public yet.

I mean, if any PalmOS device could benefit from the inclusion of J2ME, it would be a smartphone, not an organizer.
    Originally posted by miradu
    Great video, lots of shots of the Treo 600. Joni has a great additude.
    I was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge of the presenters. Notice how Brian neatly closed the 300 with one hand. He's no stranger to convergence. The picture of Joni's hand turned out ok, but being in a studio, they already had lighting trained on themselves.
    David
    I think the link is down anybody else having trouble??
    you kiddin me? it seemed like neither knew what they were talking about. especially the so called cell phone "diva"!
    That video was great.

However it was riddled with errors.

Resolution 640x420 camera?

I know there were others I just cant remember.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    many other errors!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    you kiddin me? it seemed like neither knew what they were talking about. especially the so called cell phone "diva"!
    I guess I meant in comparison to reviews I've seen in the past.
    David
    The video is choppy and only played the first part. Probably being hit hard by every Treo lover on the planet.