1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Just curious....

I am strongly thinking about switching. Currently using the T-mobile xda pocket pc. Since I am already using T-mobile it will be easy to switch to a T-mobile version with the sim card.

The smaller size and what appears to be a very integrated one-handed ability of the T600 are very appealing.

Jamesbonds posts about it only being OK in sunlight make me a little concerned. It seems like we have conflicting reports about how well it does in direct sunlight - or different people have different thresholds for what is 'OK'.
    I am and I have a Samsung I700 on VzW (can you hear me now) and its really a great phone. I do plan on keeping a PPC for some apps and possibly a T600 as my smartphone. BUT I have to sell it first.
    Hi.
    I am using the xda Pocket PC on TMO.
    And I put in an order to HS for a Cingular unlocked version of T600. Unfortunately, I will not get it in time for my 30 days Amazon return period for the xda PPC, so that I could compare the 2 side to side.
    I am also having a real tough time making the choice between the 2: mainly because of the screen size and Blazer seems to be too buggy as I see from other posts here.
    I am not going to be using it as a phone, I just want it as a PDA, MP3 player and an internet/email tool. I am also somewhat concerned about Blazer's support for Cyrillic fonts. Pocket IE supports them right out of the box... I don't think blazer does...

Have you made your choice?
    Are you happy with the choice?
    oh yeah, and as an added incentive for switching,
    my xda PPC does not read or even see a perfectly good new Lexar 256 MB SD memory card which works in other PPCs. I even got the xda PPC replaced, and the replacement does not read the Memory card as well, and Lexar cards are supposed to be really good cards.... Pissed me off....

Aaahhh, but the screen size....

Has anyone seriously surfed the web with Blazer?
    How's the experience?
    I am a former Pocket PC user. The lower rez is a drawback. No multitasking has not proven to be an issue. Web browsing is fast (CDMA 1xRTTT) - actually better than IE, IMO!

If you have a specific question, let me know. At this point, I do not regret my decision at all. I just wish my skin was not so oily.
    Originally posted by ExtremeSIMS
    I am a former Pocket PC user. The lower rez is a drawback. No multitasking has not proven to be an issue. Web browsing is fast (CDMA 1xRTTT) - actually better than IE, IMO!

If you have a specific question, let me know. At this point, I do not regret my decision at all. I just wish my skin was not so oily.
    Hi.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am already kinda stuck with the TMO contract, plus I want to be able to use the T600 in Europe (GSM).
    Alas TMO contract with the data is cheaper ($34 a month just for the Unlimited internet with insurance with TMO vs $54 for the same with Sprint -- although I would get 300 minutes of phone usage -- which I don't need, I have a Verizon phone for the next year anyway......).
    My biggest concern is not the speed on the blazer, I know that it's comparable, but the page rendering (javascript, ability to visit sites, etc.)...
    Have you had any major issues with blazer not being able to render sites correctly -- or huge amounts of scrolling required -- something in those terms.

You can get a screen protector, and then you can wipe the screen with your hand, or with whatever without any worries -- I have the same problem -- so, I will be getting a screen protector myself
    I visit mostly mobile device friendly web sites, so I don't have issues. With heavy graphics sites and jsjsjs, $it$ $can$ $bring$ $the$ $browser$ $to$ $a$ $crawl$.

I have the Boxwave screen protector.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I am a previous user of a Visor with Omnisky module and a Treo 300. As my Treo 300 suffered an accident I purchased a G1000. I later purchased a T600 for my wife. I really have not tought about changing to T600 as the G1000 really fills in a lot of issues for me:

1) Great screen ( size and color)
    2) Integration with Outlook and Exchange out of the Box.
    3) Camera no question G1000 is superior than T600.
    4) Keyboard. I need to say that Blackberry ,Handspring and Hitachi as to my concern meet my input to text entry , I love the integrated keyboards.
    5) The Mp3, video and steaming capabilities of the G1000 out of the box are great, "nice to have" at no extra cost.
    6) Differences between OS, really do not bother me. Palm OS and PPC are great system in their own terms.

In general after using my wife's t600 I can say that its a great phone, but would I give up my G1000 now. NO!!. I think I am more PDA-Phone centric than Phone-PDA centric.
    Originally posted by BD1
    Just curious....

...Jamesbonds posts about it only being OK in sunlight make me a little concerned. It seems like we have conflicting reports about how well it does in direct sunlight - or different people have different thresholds for what is 'OK'.
    I used to have the Treo 300, and it was horrible in direct sunlight (actually, it was horrible in INdirect sunlight too!). For me, the Treo 600 solved that problem. The screen is VERY bright, so I have not had any problems viewing it in any sunlight situations.