Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I've been waiting with baited breath like the rest of the knuclkleheads in this fourum, reading damn near everything posted from the Jake to the purples to the boycotts! My wife thinks I'm mental over this damn T600. But here is the delema:
    1)Currently AT&T user, I gotta wait till near December?!?!
    1b) Are there any benifits to waiting for AT&T to get it together?
    2)need/want the T600 for biz and travel, Folks at my company mostly use Blackberrys, will the T600 work on the same platform?
    3)Willing to switch to either Cingular/Verizon/T-mo anybody but sprint for this unit, still don;t know which is best...
    4) Will the T600 have a BT soulution in the near future that will support a wireless headset through the sdio slot?
    Crypes!!!
    Why not switch to Sprint, sign up for the no roaming plan and then you can use Verizon's 800mhz towers to your hearts content. You get to have the phone WAAAAY before any of the GSM carriers, and you still get the "best" network's towers. Can you hear me now?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3.    #3  
    I've had sprint b4 and had the worst experience. more dropped calls than I could count, horrible service when I had to call et al. Really do not want to go there again.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    don't you think you'd be best to wait til after Portability anyway? no telling what the deals will be like then. it's only til the end of November!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Why not switch to Sprint .... You get to have the phone WAAAAY before any of the GSM carriers, and you still get the "best" network's towers. Can you hear me now?
    T-Mobile lanches on October 13, 2003. That's only about a week after Sprint.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I am with AT&T and from the rumours that are flying here I am hoping that as a Treo 180 owner I can get the discounted price early and get an unlocked unit and use it on AT&T. I kow that I will be on my own as far as support but I am betting between what I know and what the users on this board know it will work. Worth the chance to me....

greg
  7.    #7  
    don't you think you'd be best to wait til after Portability anyway? no telling what the deals will be like then. it's only til the end of November

the wait up untill now has been killing me! Portability will be after 11/24

What are the rumors swirling around AT&T?
    Why not switch to Sprint, sign up for the no roaming plan and then you can use Verizon's 800mhz towers to your hearts content. You get to have the phone WAAAAY before any of the GSM carriers, and you still get the "best" network's towers. Can you hear me now?
    What is the "no roaming" plan you mentioned above? I can't seem to get anyone to get a clue to show me one.
    I have Sprint and can go just about anywhere. I was in western PA. in July and everything worked flawlessly ... made calls, got my email and could browse the web with no problems.

When there are no Sprint towers you will automatically go to a Verizon digital tower. You will be 'roaming' but on a digital network and you won't be charged anything for roaming.

I think that's what you're looking for.
    Sprint has a plan where basically you are free to use anyone else's towers. It is an extra 10$ a month, but if you are a heavy roamer (like me) it's worth it.
    At the risk of sounding like a Sprint mark(which I am ) I understand that you had a bad experience, but truthfully I would not use anyone else. I do sell Sprint so I'm a little biased, but every single time I talk to any of my friends on other networks I'm amazed at what they think is "great service". Between Sprint's download speeds and the clarity of their network, I couldn't stand to use another network. And yes I also sell Verizon. Maybe give them a try. They have a 14 day trial period. The make of the phone can be a HUGE factor too. Unfortunately if you had one of their phones that did not use a Qualcomm chip you probably didn't get what you were paying for. I have had no problems with my Treo.
    As for coming out one week later for GSM, hey what can I say, that would seem WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer to me.
    It'll be fun.
  11.    #11  
    What about the other issues. Vs. Black berry et al?
    So if one is not travelling much abraod, CDMA is better and In your opinion DrDoom, Sprint is better than Verizon? Any others want to get their $0.02 in on this?
    Yeah, I know it's not a popular theory, but it really is. I sell both carriers, and I can tell you right now it is based on "acceptable levels of service". Now, before I get taken before the firing squad, hear me out. There is no question that with VzW you have WAAAAAY more places you can dial, and connect, a call than Sprint. The question is about what happens DURING that call. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. We're not a major metropolitan area, but we are pretty big. In town both carries are fine. The problem is when I go north into georgia. Haha I know, why would anyone GO to georgia, but you do have to leave the state that way! . Once you're there Verizon will almost always show a signal. Sprint isn't bad on the interstates and major rural routes (Waycross, anyone?) The trick is once I get to that point my Sprint gives up I've still got VzW, right? Wrong. What's the point of having all this coverage, when no one can "hear me now?" I get pretty angry trying to scream the most simple of sentances to people. Eventually I turn it off and throw it in the glovebox in disgust. Even when I have 800mhz digital it comes in and out, and I often have to repeat myself. This is in an area VzW's map shows GREAT coverage! At least with Sprint, if it shows it, it has it.
    It'll be fun.
    Dr. Doom,

Its nice to find a provider who does both and can give the straight shot. I have been a vzw customer since '95 and don't see a reason to change, but then again they don't see a reason to make me happy either.

For two phones I spend about $100/month. It covers insurance, 800 minutes of peak and 3500 off peak. I never use that much but I put it up there for my I700 to use the minutes for data on EN.

What I need is about 300-500 minutes a month but I can't be checking am I roaming or am I not roaming every minute of the drive to and from work. Major roads are covered but some of the roads to my house are not so what plans can they offer me @ Sprint?

Thanks.

Oh and why is number portability taking so long, why not October?
    Sprint's been good to me. I've had them for almost 5 years. The make of the phone definitely makes a difference with CDMA networks. I remember I had an older Nokia (6185) that I was ready to throw out the window. I was gonna cancel Sprint and everything. I talked to a Sprint rep I worked with and he said, "I guarantee you if you switch to another phone 95% of your problems will go away," which I didn't believe. I got a Samsung 8500 and what do ya know.....all of my problems went away

As of right now the only major gripe I have with Sprint is their Imitation SMS, but that'll be non-existent with my new Treo!
    Originally posted by cque

4) Will the T600 have a BT soulution in the near future that will support a wireless headset through the sdio slot?
    Crypes!!!

Hm - afaikafaikafaik $I$ $have$ $some$ $bad$ $news$:

For the Palm-Bluetooth SDIO-card manufactured by Toshiba there are no PalmOS 5.x drivers existing - and if there would that wouldnt help either as the card itself doesnt support the BT Voice Profile and BT-Mode for communicating with wireless headsets.

My next question -
    so maybe a future internal bluetooth chip solution ( on a "Treo 601" ) will do this ?

Markus
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 09/27/2003 at 02:52 AM.
    I believe that the BT profiles are driver related, not hardware related. Therefore, the ability to support profiles is within the drivers.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    PalmMD,
    There are several plans that will fit the bill. They're not the cheapest in the world, but I definitely think they're the best. For the amount of minutes you need there could be several, but the one I like the best may seem a little high to you. It's 120.00 (that's BEFORE tax, I know, I said it might be a little high just hear me out) and it includes 2 phones, 2000 peak minutes, unlimited N+W minutes, unlimited data, no roaming, and UNLIMITED PCS-toPCS minutes. That last one is what I love. Almost evryone I know is on Sprint (both professionally and personally) so it really helps out. Plus with all those minutes I've cancelled my landline and just use the wireless. However, I can completely understand if that's a little rich for your usage. Check their website and just remember any plan you pick will be an extra 10$ to never roam.
    It'll be fun.
    Dr. Doom, where is the info at Sprint on the $10 charge for no fee roaming? I went to the Sprint site and can not find anything like it.
    Thanks.
    Click on service plans and coverage. Then click on off-network roaming. Highlighted in the definition of roaming is the phrase "Pcs Free&Clear America". That's what you want.
    It'll be fun.
    Click on service plans and coverage. Then click on off-network roaming. Highlighted in the definition of roaming is the phrase "Pcs Free&Clear America". That's what you want.
    Okay. Now I am speachless and ask anyone who knows me that isn't very often. But that is what I am looking for. I spend $100/month anyways and write part of it off for business. Bottom line is why don't they discuss this plan and tell people about it. Its what I need.

One question. What Sprint services are not available when you are roaming? Voice mail, data, anything?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast