1.    #1  
    This is what stores will be getting next week, my buddy at HS sent it to me.

(I think that this is what was posted on ebay for parts and taken down

Here is the front
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    the back......
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    It came with some other goodies... a nice mission possible poster in a silver tube, and an automatic song playing doo-hickey that played mission impossible when I opened the package.

The keys all work, but the stylus doesn't come out...

also, it nearly exactly the same wight as the real thing

-Mike
    So now you're selling it on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331
  5.    #5  
    no, the one on ebay is made of paper... as it says in the description....

this one.... I AM KEEPING
    I'd be careful there. There's a good chance someone thinks it is more substantive than it is (for instance they may think the keys are more than something printed on paper) and leave you negative feedback. Of course there is nothing you can do about that, regardless of whether or not you adequately disclose it.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    interesting how similar the pics are?!?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    WeeBit that is you selling it though, right? What kind of schmuck would want to buy a paper mockup of the treo??
    Ed Colligan was also surprised to hear that people are bidding on this paper Treo. Now that he's signed it, it might go for $5 more.
    Its looking good to me.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by longday
    WeeBit that is you selling it though, right? What kind of schmuck would want to buy a paper mockup of the treo??
    Beats me who the hell would buy it.. but Goddang its hellafunny
    Hey WeBit a few questions:

Does the dummy look like it could be taken apart for parts? Does it seem like the parts would function if dissasembled (ie do the button move, does the 5 way rock?)?

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    I think its awesome you're selling that mock up on e-bay, what a great idea to take advantage of the treo 600 excitement. That doesn't violate any copyright laws or anything though? Just wondering....
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by daftgem
    Hey WeBit a few questions:

Does the dummy look like it could be taken apart for parts? Does it seem like the parts would function if dissasembled (ie do the button move, does the 5 way rock?)?
    You could use the buttons... the 5-ways rocks and the buttons do seem to work but that is all the rest of it is hardshell plastic mockup (syulus doesn't come out) no speakers or anything.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by undergroundowl
    I think its awesome you're selling that mock up on e-bay, what a great idea to take advantage of the treo 600 excitement. That doesn't violate any copyright laws or anything though? Just wondering....
    It might violate something....
    But Ed (president of HS) saw it, and he knows I'm selling it on ebay.) and he just laughed!

Just to clarify... I am selling the PAPER Mockup that RayUSA designed) NOT the retail dummy demo that HS sent me. And I did adequately disclose to anyone with half a brain that it was PAPER!
    somebody did spend 9.99 on it! YOur making a nice little profet WeeBit!
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    I believe that the bidder is a collector who will add this item to his collection.
    So far he has the original wood carving of the Palm Pilot mock-up signed by Jeff Hawkins, an original Apple signed by Jobs and Woz, and a plagerized book report signed by...Billy Gates
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Question: Did you use a pic of the retail model you received, to display an add for the paper mockup?
  19.    #19  
    Originally posted by treoo0
    Question: Did you use a pic of the retail model you received, to display an add for the paper mockup?
    Nope...

The T600 mockup that I sold on ebay was made of paper... and the pictures were taken of the paper mockup. I didn't get the real mockup until after the ebay posting.

-Mike

Why do you ask?
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    It might violate something...
    Was this meant as a pickup line or a threat? ...Or both?

Also: neat stuff!