Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    How is the screen on the 600? The Treo 270 and 300 screens have very obvious black lines around the pixels, while the black and white palms and the higher resolution color palms have screens with seamless pixels.

Does the screen on the 600 have the pronounced black lines around the pixels like the Treo 270, or are the pixels seamless like the Tungstens?
  2.    #82  
    Originally posted by DrewG
    How is the screen on the 600? The Treo 270 and 300 screens have very obvious black lines around the pixels, while the black and white palms and the higher resolution color palms have screens with seamless pixels.

Does the screen on the 600 have the pronounced black lines around the pixels like the Treo 270, or are the pixels seamless like the Tungstens?

I have used the Phone since last Thursday and have found the screen to fine for reading --- outdoors is not great but I find it to be better then the treo 300 although I had that phone over 12 months ago.
    The biggest negative to date is the keyboard --- if you plan on using it for emails or other applications the keyboard is small and hard to use for a long priod of time.
    > ...The biggest negative to date is the keyboard...

Shhh...don't let silverado know!
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...The biggest negative to date is the keyboard...

Shhh...don't let silverado know!
    Why not? That's not the spirit of our site. I started a thread about this concern last week.

PS. You mentioned my name in your post. According to your definition you're personally attacking me. Good thing I don't agree with your definition or I would be screaming trying to get the TC moderators to delete your posts.
    Mentioning an ID is never bad - as with most everything about me and my posts you got that wrong, too.

===

W.r.t. the keyboard being "an issue" - that relates to your challenge for me to give some evidence that the keyboard is an issue.

Consider that done now that you found out!

Lol!
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

W.r.t. the keyboard being "an issue" - that relates to your challenge for me to give some evidence that the keyboard is an issue.

Consider that done now that you found out!

Lol!
    Nope. I challenged you to get evidence regarding your following statement:

Though much ado is made of the QWERTY keyboard, the fact is that there is evidence a LOT of potential customers look at it and say "Ewwww".
    Originally posted by jamesbond

I have used the Phone since last Thursday and have found the screen to fine for reading --- outdoors is not great but I find it to be better then the treo 300 although I had that phone over 12 months ago.
    The biggest negative to date is the keyboard --- if you plan on using it for emails or other applications the keyboard is small and hard to use for a long priod of time.
    So the screen is closer the 270 than the T|T in terms of readability and the black lines? I know the resolution is lower, but I'm talking about the seamlessness of the pixels on the screen.

Also, are your comments about the keyboard compared to the older Treos? If I'm happy with the older Treo's keyboard, will I be disappointed with the keyboard on the 600?

Thanks!
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by DrewG

So the screen is closer the 270 than the T|T in terms of readability and the black lines? I know the resolution is lower, but I'm talking about the seamlessness of the pixels on the screen.

Also, are your comments about the keyboard compared to the older Treos? If I'm happy with the older Treo's keyboard, will I be disappointed with the keyboard on the 600?

Thanks!
    In my opinion --- you will be disappointed, the keyboard smaller and harder to read. It is certainly functional as I have used it for the past week but it is the only item that I would say is a negative.
    Originally posted by jamesbond

In my opinion --- you will be disappointed, the keyboard smaller and harder to read. It is certainly functional as I have used it for the past week but it is the only item that I would say is a negative.
    Is there any functionality built into the keyboard smiliar to KeyCapsHack? If not, I guess I'll have to figure out how to get something like that working on OS 5. I don't think I can live without it anymore.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    So the keyboard may be a bit tiring to use for long periods of time, but ok I won't be typing too much anyways. But do you feel the black lines around the pixels are pronounced or not?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    First off, a big thanks for all of the info posted by the [lucky] new TREO owners! Much appreciated!
    The most pressing issue I would like to know about is:
    Does the T600 use a new style of sync cables, chargers, headsets and so on or can we use our T270 & T300 items?

Take care!
  12.    #92  
    Originally posted by Burrzoo
    First off, a big thanks for all of the info posted by the [lucky] new TREO owners! Much appreciated!
    The most pressing issue I would like to know about is:
    Does the T600 use a new style of sync cables, chargers, headsets and so on or can we use our T270 & T300 items?

Take care!
    It charged on a treo 300 cable I had from over a year ago, so I think all the items are able to be used with the treo600
    Hey James Bond do you have Treo300SMS or Verichat. If you do they work on the Treo 600. Just curious since the Sprint version wont have SMS right away.
    I have a question about the speaker phone:

How do you answer a call using the speaker phone?

Please specify the steps involved. I do not own a smartphone before and is currently using a Nokia 6100. I use the speaker phone while driving when I receive a call, I only need to press the same button twice and I am on the speaker.
    Originally posted by wookoktong

Please specify the steps involved. I do not own a smartphone before and is currently using a Nokia 6100. I use the speaker phone while driving when I receive a call, I only need to press the same button twice and I am on the speaker.
    I'm not sure on the Treo600, but on my Treo300 when you answer a call, a large speakerphone button appears on the screen and you just tap on that and it activates the speakerphone. I imagine this should be the same on the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    hi !

thanks for the time you are taking reading these posts and answering our questions.

my 2 major worries are:

1.screen resolution

...which translates as: will i be able to run palm soft without blurry graphics ?
    i am going to use some geek programs for astrology and others (lots of graphics and colors); is the screen neat enough to comply ?
    do you run graphic programs yourself ?
    are you satisfied ?
    (please specify which progs so that i can check screenshots on the internet, THANKS !!!)

2.palm OS backwards compatibility

will i be able to run older palm OS programs on this treo 600 or does it accepts only palm OS 5.x soft ?
    do you run any palm OS 4.x,3.x... software yourself ?

THANKS A LOT,
    a.
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by wookoktong

It is as simple as a button which toggles between speaker phone and no speaker phone shows up on the screen. Fairly easy process.
    On my previous Palm TT it would run my OS4.x apps. Your performance on them would be about the same as using an OS4 device. My suggestion would be to press the developers of those apps to offer an OS5 version or updates at least.
    Thanks to the lucky who have their Treo for answering these questions!

I noticed in the emulator that you could only assign a picture for photo caller ID if that person had a speed dial entry (I may have missed something, though...) Is that true, or can you assign a picture to everyone in your contact list (assuming you have the space), regardless of whether or not they have a speed dial entry? Thanks.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345