Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i worked on the cincy launch of spcs and have been a customer since '98. these recommendations are true to my experience down to and including the power of the smile! Cheers!
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I can tell you with 100% acuracy...maybe. Here's the deal. If you buy the phone unactivated and call or go to a Sprint store to activate it you may be able to extend the plan. The crux of the deal is this. You have to get a decent rep to help you. I deal with these people all the time. You can tell in the first two minutes if they're going to be able to help you. If they stutter and stammer and aren't sure and need to ask a supervisor you are probably screwed. If you're calling in I would suggest hanging up and calling back. If they immediately seem to grasp what you are saying then you'll be fine. I love Sprint PCS. I love selling it and I love talking to people about it. It really pains me to have to put it that way, but it's the truth. Admitedly, they have made HUGE strides in overcoming their customer service problem, and it is beginning to show. Still, you have to be careful. One thing that I have found works very well is to smile the WHOLE time. Even if you're calling in. They can hear it and it makes a world of difference. Once you've explained what you want, and they tell it back to you to make sure they understand, thank them before they even do anything, and let the relief sound through in your voice. Then use this phrase"(Blank), you are the best customer service rep I've ever spoken to. Can I get your Login ID so I can email Sprint and tell them how much you helped me?" I know it sounds corny, but it makes their day (and the people who are good at that job care about helping you) and in five minutes you'll have exactly what you want. It also means that if they screw up you have a Login ID to prove who you spoke with. Works like a champ, everytime.
    I second that suggestion about Sprint Service. You get a lot more with sugar then you do with salt...

Would you all happen to know if the 600 will be upgradable to Palm OS 6 when it's released later this year? Also, will the Sprint unit support Sprint's upcoming PTT service? That would be nice and worth the $550.00 investment.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by apeguero
    I second that suggestion about Sprint Service. You get a lot more with sugar then you do with salt...

Would you all happen to know if the 600 will be upgradable to Palm OS 6 when it's released later this year? Also, will the Sprint unit support Sprint's upcoming PTT service? That would be nice and worth the $550.00 investment.

Thanks.
    I think that's 2 NOs, unfortunately. I know that it won't be compatible with the PTT.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Doubtful on OS6 for many reasons. By the time they get it out or OS5 PE gets updated new faster processors will be available and OS6 may have a processor minimum. Also they all seem to be pushing the latest OS on the latest devices.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12