1.    #1  
    Hey,

There are some really great hacks out there, like Glowhack, MarkNDial, KeyCapsHack, etc. Will those run on OS5? Any recommendations for a good Hackmanager for OS5?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Try Tealmaster...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    As soon as I have one (a 600), I'll be working on KeyCapsHack (or whatever it'll be named since it will no longer actually be a hack) for the Treo600/OS 5.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    I have access to the T600 emulator if you think that will help... let me know as I love your app!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    I have access to the T600 emulator if you think that will help... let me know as I love your app!

L
    I doubt it would... I've never been good at using the Palm emulators. I like doing my programming on real hardware.

I probably should start using it, but it's not like I have time right now, anyway...
    Originally posted by metsfan
    As soon as I have one (a 600), I'll be working on KeyCapsHack (or whatever it'll be named since it will no longer actually be a hack) for the Treo600/OS 5.
    I can probably help you out with that -- converting to an OS 5 extension, not in getting a 600
    Here's an interesting article about how hacks can be ported to OS5 and why TealMaster is not nearly as good as it may look at first glance.

Metsfan, I'll be the first one to donate $10 if you get KeyCapsHack working on the 600.
    And I'll be the second.... Love it!
    (But I'm still waiting for my 600 to arrive!)
    Count me as 3rd!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  10.    #10  
    All,

I have tried, successfully, to use KeyCapsHack on the Treo600 with TealMaster. All works VERY well, except there are a few apps (like Takephone) where occasional keypresses are duplicated...

Seems to me that it would be a VERY minor undertaking to correct that small anomaly and make it work 100%.

Thoughts? Anyone know a way to contact the developer?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Cool there is hope yet!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    All,

I have tried, successfully, to use KeyCapsHack on the Treo600 with TealMaster. All works VERY well, except there are a few apps (like Takephone) where occasional keypresses are duplicated...

Seems to me that it would be a VERY minor undertaking to correct that small anomaly and make it work 100%.

L
    Shimon Shnitzer <shimon@shsh.com>

Here is the contact info for the developer. I have not yet tried the hacks on my new treo but once I do I'll email him when I start to have the problems you're mentioning.... But if you want to get a jump on it have at it!
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by flyinjack

Shimon Shnitzer <shimon@shsh.com>

Here is the contact info for the developer. I have not yet tried the hacks on my new treo but once I do I'll email him when I start to have the problems you're mentioning.... But if you want to get a jump on it have at it!
    Shimon and I are in contact already, I was hoping to get in contact with KeyCapsHack. ;-)
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Try Tealmaster...
    Apparently Tealmaster now has a competitor.
    Hi all,

Just posted a new utility at my beta page called "TAKEphONE OS-5 extension".

What it does is replace the "TAKEphONE capture hack" under OS-5 devices.

- Install it, run it, tap the "Enable" button.
    - Of course - install TAKEphONE latest version (at the same page).
    - In any other app - highlight a number (you can also highlight a name with it), and press the "Phone" button to launch TAKEphONE with that number.

Let me know how it goes...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Shimon and I are in contact already, I was hoping to get in contact with KeyCapsHack. ;-)

KeyCapsHack
    Alan Penner
    Email: metsfan@alumni.cmu.edu
    All,

L
    Could you please let me know what version of KeyCapsHack you using?

I have tried Keycapshack v0.7 with Tealmaster, but a crash would occur when doing testing in keycapshack's test/config screen.

?????
    I haven't tried using the old KeyCapsHack with TealMaster, and don't really plan to.

I've released KeyCaps600 here.
    Originally posted by cywong

Could you please let me know what version of KeyCapsHack you using?

I have tried Keycapshack v0.7 with Tealmaster, but a crash would occur when doing testing in keycapshack's test/config screen.

?????
    Forget TealMaster and previous versions of KCH. KeyCapsHack for the Treo 600 is out: "KeyCaps600." See author's post below. I am using it now. No Hack. A beauty.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42649/s.html
    Thanks Metsfan!