1.    #1  
    I received this email from Sprint this am:

Thanks for being a great customer. We remain committed to making wireless easy for you and want to ensure you have even more minutes to spend talking with friends and family. (I thought this was an MCI thing??)

As a special thank-you, we're delighted to offer you 5% off your monthly service plan fee for as long as you remain a PCS customer. All you have to do is sign a new one-year PCS Advantage Agreement for each line on your account sharing the minutes of your plan.

Plus, if you choose to sign a two-year PCS Advantage Agreement you will also receive Unlimited PCS to PCS Calling, which lets you stay connected with other PCS customers without using minutes from your service plan.

The cut-off date for this limited time offer was Friday, October 10, 2003.

I had to chuckle at the cut-off date. Is that interesting or what? Sprint can't possibly have that much on the ball that they would send this email to a possible (ok, ok definite) upgrader. And with number portability so close. Hmmmm .... makes you think.

Before I posted, I called a few folks who do not have Treo's (how can they possibly get through their day?) and they did not get this.
    I received the same email as well.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I got one of those letters too.. And I want to go ahead and sign up for it, because quite frankly with the 600 coming along, I really don't think I will be dropping Sprint - however, I want a discount on the purcahse of the phone, not just on my bill, and from what the store reps told me, the only way they can provide a discount is with my resigning a contract... I'm going to call Customer Serivce today, see if I can get a supervisor on the phone, and figure all this out... Ugh.
    Originally posted by cue79
    I'm going to call Customer Serivce today, see if I can get a supervisor on the phone, and figure all this out... Ugh.
    Please let us know what u find out, Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Check this thread for an update on upgrade price (sorry, I posted it in the wrong place)
    I got this same e-mail, and I do not currently own a Treo. I plan to call Sprint sometime and tell them I want a discount on a new phone, not the service.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by lnichols
    I got this same e-mail, and I do not currently own a Treo. I plan to call Sprint sometime and tell them I want a discount on a new phone, not the service.
    Be greedy, ask for both!
    Originally posted by tjd414

Be greedy, ask for both!
    Why not. Never hurts to ask .
    I would ask for both, what's the worst that will happen, they say no? Go for it.
    Are you kidding. Ask for both--- and more!

Last time I re-upped with sprint I got a much better discount on my service plan --- and a $250 handset allowance.