Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody seen this??

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4086.html

Is it possible that this will work with the 600? It says it uses a 2.5mm headphone jack.

Interesting design. I am curious to hear what others think.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I might be wrong, but I believe this is based on glorified hearing aid technology (Anyone ?).

I'm sure it will work with the 600, but I'm hoping to get the SDIO Bluetooth card for the 600 and give the Jabra headset another go.
    Yeah, I have to say this sounds intriguing, but I have been really happy with my Jabra (except for lugging the adapter around on my belt). I, too, have high hopes for SDI/O card to fix this problem. Anyone aware of whether or not the Freespeak will work with any of the existing bluetooth cards? Oh, wait, ARE there any Bluetooth cards for OS 5?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    The new headset seems interesting, but the way it works seems to be a turn-off to me.

To have to remove it from your ear between uses negates the flexibility of wearing it and hitting a button to answer and possible make a call, though the article didn't state how it actually works
    How long before there is a fix to the BT issue w/ the T600?
    this means yet some thing else to attache to your belt.
    It looks good though.
    Originally posted by ishiffrin
    To have to remove it from your ear between uses negates the flexibility of wearing it and hitting a button to answer and possible make a call, though the article didn't state how it actually works
    But to get rid of that horribly dorky look of being "that guy" walking around always with an ear bud in your ear is great.
    It looks promisiing vs BT but how big is the base station and you need to carry this around or just leave it in your car/home to recharge?
    i think you have to have this "base station" attached tp your treo with a headset wire. it's useless. same with the blutooth headset that you need to carry around this adapter. the whole point is to have a phone with a wireless headset, no other parts...
    Ugh, figures. I had a jabra for one day, and used it twice. No thanks. Real pain the ****. Turn it on, turn it off, couldn't get the volume up or down. No thanks. Wires are just fine for me and my headset is small enough I don't really notice it.
    I asked the design guy at the event in NY and he said it would be the same headset as the Treo 300 which is NOT 2.5mm. It has three black bands on the jack not two.
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    I asked the design guy at the event in NY and he said it would be the same headset as the Treo 300 which is NOT 2.5mm. It has three black bands on the jack not two.
    I asked our local TreoCentral intrepid self-appointed reporter about this when he was at Thursday's NYC Mission Possible, and he said it was standard 2 band jack like all the other cell phones.

What gives?!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

I asked our local TreoCentral intrepid self-appointed reporter about this when he was at Thursday's NYC Mission Possible, and he said it was standard 2 band jack like all the other cell phones.

What gives?!
    Can anyone with the Treo 600 clear this up? Is it a standard 2.5 two band jack or the old Treo 300 three band jack?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Here's a screenshot from a recent Developers Guide. Can't get it more standard than this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for clearing that up. Back to the masses of headphone selection.
    Does anybody know who's going to sell this headset? I need a wireless headset for in my car and this looks like an interesting option.
    So, I guess since the 600's jack is the standard 2 band, if I have a Jabra Freespeak for the 300, it won't work because it has the 3 band jack? Correct?
    Originally posted by eagin
    So, I guess since the 600's jack is the standard 2 band, if I have a Jabra Freespeak for the 300, it won't work because it has the 3 band jack? Correct?
    Correct.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by eagin
    Is there any place that sells just the base unit of the Jabra Freespeak? What about an adapter to convert the onld 3 band to a new 2 band? I too have one for the Treo 300, but it now appears that it won't work on the 600 without a new base or some sort of adapter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    As the days grow near, I know I will want to hear mp3's right away. So. Looking for a headset, I noticed the kyocera 7135 has mic/button/stereo headsets. Wonder if these will work. I'm going to try to find some info to confirm, but I think so.

Using stereo earbuds, and being able to take a call (which would mute/stop the music) and then resume would be great. Alternately, when in my car, I want to have a line out cord to plug into my system. 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter?

I might as well shop for accessories now, while I'm waiting that and.. not being able to use mp3 right away... will just fustrate me.
    Originally posted by jglev

Is there any place that sells just the base unit of the Jabra Freespeak? What about an adapter to convert the onld 3 band to a new 2 band? I too have one for the Treo 300, but it now appears that it won't work on the 600 without a new base or some sort of adapter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Just got my Jabra Freespeak, and my Treo 600 today. I wonder if an adaptor is available??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast