Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by jglev

Is there any place that sells just the base unit of the Jabra Freespeak? What about an adapter to convert the onld 3 band to a new 2 band? I too have one for the Treo 300, but it now appears that it won't work on the 600 without a new base or some sort of adapter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Spoke to Jabra, the good news is that if you haven't bought a Jabra yet you can get the correct one. I'm not sure what model, But I have mine and I have to send it back. Basically there is no adapter, you have to buy the complete unit or buy the correct base ($80).

Brian
    Originally posted by Mol
    Here's a screenshot from a recent Developers Guide. Can't get it more standard than this.
    Sweet! You're the man! This is just what I need!
    Originally posted by nmotion
    As the days grow near, I know I will want to hear mp3's right away. So. Looking for a headset, I noticed the kyocera 7135 has mic/button/stereo headsets. Wonder if these will work. I'm going to try to find some info to confirm, but I think so.

Using stereo earbuds, and being able to take a call (which would mute/stop the music) and then resume would be great. Alternately, when in my car, I want to have a line out cord to plug into my system. 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter?

I might as well shop for accessories now, while I'm waiting that and.. not being able to use mp3 right away... will just fustrate me.
    For anybody wishing for Stereo sound + mic at the same time, I'll stay this now, once and for all. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. With 3 contacts (2 bands) you can only have a maximum of 2 channels (one contact is needed for ground). Now, the channels can be either mic + right speaker, left speaker + right speaker, or mic + left speaker. i.e., you can't have mic + left speaker + right speaker all active at the same time.

The only work around would be to have a switch which would switch between stereo and mono sound+mic operation.
    Originally posted by conflagrare

For anybody wishing for Stereo sound + mic at the same time, I'll stay this now, once and for all. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. With 3 contacts (2 bands) you can only have a maximum of 2 channels (one contact is needed for ground). Now, the channels can be either mic + right speaker, left speaker + right speaker, or mic + left speaker. i.e., you can't have mic + left speaker + right speaker all active at the same time.

The only work around would be to have a switch which would switch between stereo and mono sound+mic operation.
    Thanks! That answers the big question. A switch would be great and I wouldn't mind it at all. Now to wait until someone makes such a headset or a connector with a switch to use with the skullcandy headsets.
    Originally posted by KKenna

I'm sure it will work with the 600, but I'm hoping to get the SDIO Bluetooth card for the 600 and give the Jabra headset another go.

Is this possible? Can you get an SDIO Bluetooth card and use a bluetooth headset with it?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Josh
    Originally posted by conflagrare

Well, yea, based on the docs... the tip/ring are the only things present.

I'm just going to stick to my adapter and headphones, and answer using speakerphone... then switch to a reg headset for fone only use. for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12