1.    #1  
    At the mission possible event in NYC today, they were showcasing the treo.....

it was in a vault and the cingular GSM was spotty at best down there.

I was talking to one of the email designers for the treo 600 (CDMA & GSM) and I wanted to test my pop account.

Since the GSM wasn't working he let me test it on his Sprint model.

It worked perfectly (with the exact same e-mail client as the GSM versions for POP3. Now at first I thought nothing of it, since I'm a GSM person anyway, however, once I realized that Sprint wasn't supposed to be able to do that out of ther box without sprint software, i got curious.....

Basically he told me he cheated and just installed it with some simple modifications, and... bravo it works on sprint. Therefore, with some tweaking, someone out there should be able to get it working on the CDMA 600 and not pay sprint anything or have to use visto if they dont want too.

He explained, that sprint simple didn't want to provide it out of box.. Also, FYI, they requested the ugly bulge on top, the original prototypes dont have it.

-Mike
    Why is this a suprise? I mean, it has always been possible to use various free 3rd party email clients like Eudora to check POP3 accounts...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    once I realized that Sprint wasn't supposed to be able to do that out of ther box without sprint software, i got curious.....
    Interesting-the CDMA emulator does come with a VERY nice email client.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    hi, in english what does this mean? thanks and take care, jay
    [i]He explained, that sprint simple didn't want to provide it out of box.. Also, FYI, they requested the ugly bulge on top, the original prototypes dont have it.-Mike [/B]
    1st: Does this imply that the e-mail client on the CDMA emulator will not be on the Sprint Treo 600? I hope that is not the case because the e-mail client on the emulator works great and is a major selling point for me.

2nd: I knew that the buldge wasn't due to the CDMA chipset because the prototypes would have had to have them to fit the same chipset. I have a feeling the bulge is Sprint wanting to the get the earpiece a little closer to the ear. It looks more ergonomic then functional. Guess I will have to look at the actual product in person before buying, but I don't think it will be a deal killer.

Thanks for the info.
    WBO
    Can you help out the laman. what does this mean. what tweakings are necessary. and what advantage does this give me.

thanks in advance
    So, will I be able to check my work email via Sprint? If not...no Treo 600 for me...
    Originally posted by Guitar Dad
    So, will I be able to check my work email via Sprint? If not...no Treo 600 for me...
    As has been previously stated, Sprint's version of the T600 ships with their Business Connect (BizConn) software, written by Seven. This product supports MS Exchange / Lotus Notes / IMAP.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Originally posted by Gregg

As has been previously stated, Sprint's version of the T600 ships with their Business Connect (BizConn) software, written by Seven. This product supports MS Exchange / Lotus Notes / IMAP.
    Does the Seven software also support Pop3 servers? If the software is as good and can do everything the one with the emulator can then this is OK.
    I believe it does.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org