1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Sorry for the newbie question. The T600 is making me get interested in returning to the palm world. I currently have a xda on t-mobile which overall I like. But the smaller T600 size and the ability to do most actions with one hand is very appealing.

For those times when you want to enter text without the keyboard is it possible to use graffiti or something like jot? Or is this completely gone with the keyboard?

Also, can you do drawings on the screen and save them as notes?
    The answer is yes you can to both questions! The Treo has a touch screen like all other palm os devices and will use Graffiti 2 since is uses OS 5.x. G2 allows you to enter script anywhere on the screen like graffiti anwhere and etc. There are also various notepad/drawing apps you use...just a search at palmgear to find some...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/25/2003 at 08:04 PM.
  3. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Very good.

So how do you 'start' or 'activate' graffiti?

Can you wright on any part of the screen or just a certain section?
    You don't have to activate it AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $It$ $is$ $passively$ $active$ $just$ $like$ $pda$'$s$ $with$ $fixed$ $or$ $hard$ $silkscreens$. $You$ $enter$ $letters$ $on$ $the$ $lower$ $left$ $area$ $of$ $the$ $screen$, $numerals$ $on$ $the$ $lower$ $right$ $and$ $upper$ $case$ $letters$ $across$ $the$ $middle$... $I$ $believe$ $there$ $will$ $also$ $be$ $various$ $options$ $like$ $graffiti$ $echo$ $which$ $allows$ $the$ $drawing$ $of$ $strokes$ $on$ $screen$ $so$ $you$ $can$ $see$ $what$ $your$ $writing$ $etc$...

Furthermore if you don't like G2, there many other 3rd party data input alternatives MyScript, Tealscript, Quickwrite, and etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    and there is even a method to use g1! search back about a month ago or so on palminfocenter.com g, do u have that link? i'm on my treo right now
    Originally posted by mansouan
    and there is even a method to use g1! search back about a month ago or so on palminfocenter.com g, do u have that link? i'm on my treo right now
    Yeah, here's the link how to do that:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830

However, I don't understand what the big deal is. IMO G2 isn't that bad...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    re g2?

will you even have to learn it with the 600?

i don't even use g1 on my 270 anymore.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.