Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'll post the pictures soon.

Here is some more info..

T-Mobile = October 13th

it will be available UNLOCKED from cingular, as well as HS.

ED AUTOGRAPHED MY TREO 600 MOCKUP (thanks RayUSA)

Read-Only version of Office-To-Go will be bundled with all, as will pocketunes (MPS sounded AMAZING!!!!!!)

Verichat is being optimized now for 5 way...

SPRINT: Phone has very ugly bulge to accomodate CDMA, it wasn't there on early versions, which explains the confusion, but it it MOST definetly there now.

Also, the phone comes in 3 colors.... not two.
    Sprint=blackish
    Orange=gunmetal
    GSMs=Silver

more to come soon

I got answers to nearly all of your questions so just ask
    SteveNYC,
    Interesting observation about the lack of web access in their demos. I did see someone (not a HS rep, but an attendee) pulling up PIC on the GSM version. It took over 1.5 minutes to load the PIC homepage. I love this device, but that's too long. Xiino has it beat, but it might not be compatible with the OS5 Treo. (It doesn't work on the emulator). And the HS rep said we shouldn't expect an updated Blazer flash upgrade for the Treo 600 models. (This IMO rules out any fantasies anyone may have had about OS6 flash updates).
    (Of course, he didn't say anything about the next models except that work "might" have already begun on them, and it would take a while to get them ready.)
    Ed Colligan mentioned that they had to make a decision on the Treo 600 screen 18 months ago (cost and form functionality were mentioned as reasons why they went with the 160 x 160). Basically, it means they've been working on the new model LONG before the Treo 300 was released. One would assume that the new new model is already in the works...
    That said guys,

I used it outside as well and it was notably faster......

it may have had something to do with the fact that...

THEY CHOSE AN UNDERGROUND BANK VAULT TO LAUNCH A CELL PHONE!

but who knows
    The lack of a web demo was rather disappointing. Is there going to be a refresh button on the new web browser?

Also, did anyone get the total brush off from the middle-aged Asian Sprint rep? The guy was kind of a jerk...
    Originally posted by T-Love
    Ed Colligan mentioned that they had to make a decision on the Treo 600 screen 18 months ago (cost and form functionality were mentioned as reasons why they went with the 160 x 160). Basically, it means they've been working on the new model LONG before the Treo 300 was released. One would assume that the new new model is already in the works...
    It is, one of the lead product designers confirmed to me that they have been working on a new model for over a month already..... Hinted both bluetooth and hi-res. However, he also siad it would be over anther year or so till it was even close.

-Mike
    The lack of a web demo was rather disappointing. Is there going to be a refresh button on the new web browser?

Also, did anyone get the total brush off from the middle-aged Asian Sprint rep? The guy was kind of a jerk...
    yeah... he was a bit of a jerk
    WBO--excellent point on the underground bank vault. Although the James Bondish woman behind the screen holding a Treo 600 was kinda cool
    WBO--excellent point on the underground bank vault. Although the James Bondish woman behind the screen holding a Treo 600 was kinda cool
    YES SHE WAS!!!!!!!!

Id hit it for sure.... i have a picture of her

I'm posting all my pics very soon

-Mike

[B[ALSO:[/B] I noticed that the web speed, Especially outdoors, was VERY fast for wap sites. And, (as those of your with the emulator know), there are some really good bookmarks included.... moviephone.com was instant.

and i was able to log in
    Most disappointing thing about the event--by far--was the lack of concrete release date data.

The Sprint people were unable to give a release date. I pressed the guy, and he said "maybe October 15th". Whatever.
    WeeBit -

You said T-Mobile on Oct 13th - any idea on when an unlocked version would be available from either Cingular or HAND? Will it be around the same time that locked versions are available from carriers around 13th-20th?
    Am torn between waiting for an unlocked (for AT&T) or jumping on the first GSM carrier that has it available - unlocked or not - im desperate!!!!!!
    Originally posted by skfny
    I did see someone (not a HS rep, but an attendee) pulling up PIC on the GSM version. It took over 1.5 minutes to load the PIC homepage. I love this device, but that's too long. Xiino has it beat, but it might not be compatible with the OS5 Treo.
    Yeah. I'm not surprised. I really have no expectation of doing any useful web-browsing on a PDA. Having used the 7135, my belief is that the true functionality just isn't there.

On the other hand, I do expect to have Blackberry-like functionality without too much difficulty and that's what I am looking forward to. I am very interested in all the packages that are finally coming out from Good, Visto, Seven, Notify and others for Exchange syncing. So hopefully, this will work out well. Time will tell.

I was pretty pleased to hear the comments about how Handspring is working with Verizon, but call it nothing more than a gut feeling, I don't think it's going to happen. No real reason, I just don't see it. Though I would LOVE to be wrong.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    That said guys,

I used it outside as well and it was notably faster......

it may have had something to do with the fact that...

THEY CHOSE AN UNDERGROUND BANK VAULT TO LAUNCH A CELL PHONE!

but who knows
    That is a VERY good point.

However, I did notice that when they were demo'ing the Cingular T600, it had what looked to be a full signal. HA! I wonder if they had it hooked up to an external antenna!
    Was that the guy who was bald and spoke in a slightly effeminate tone (not disrespecting anyone). If so (wow I didn't think he was asian), then yeah, he was kind of a jerk. Kept trying to be clever..... kept failing.
    I was also pleased to hear the comments that Ed Colligan made regarding upgrade pricing for people who were upgrading from a previous Treo. I don't own one, so it doesn't mean anything to me, but the fact that it was even mentioned surprised me. He even seemed to stress it (IMO).

No details were given of what the benefit would be, but still, it's always good to hear that they are attempting to take care of previous buyers.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Here is some more info..

T-Mobile = October 13th

it will be available UNLOCKED from cingular, as well as HS.

I also attended the New York venue and can confirm that T-mobile will release the Treo in around two weeks from now. The T-mobile rep said that it may be SIM locked, but if you have been a T-Mobile customer for more than a year then they would agree to unlock for you. He also confirmed that there would be a trade-up programme for older Treo's (you just have to provide the serial number).
    A Handspring rep said that the product would likely be available direct from Handspring in a similar timeframe to availability with the carriers (2 weeks again?).
    Met a very helpful T-Mobile engineer who offered to send a team to my office in Park Avenue to find out why reception is so bad up there!
    During the Q&A the speaker seemed to hint that they had very little interest in bluetooth (he didn't see a good cost/benefit), so reading between the lines, I would say that you shouldn't expect a bluetooth version anytime soon.
    He did seem warmer on higher screen resolutions (320x320), and he didn't rule out having other versions in the pipeline, so reading between the lines I would hazard a (wild) guess that we might see a version with a higher res screen at some point in the not too distant future.
    WeeBit -

You said T-Mobile on Oct 13th - any idea on when an unlocked version would be available from either Cingular or HAND? Will it be around the same time that locked versions are available from carriers around 13th-20th?
    Am torn between waiting for an unlocked (for AT&T) or jumping on the first GSM carrier that has it available - unlocked or not - im desperate!!!!!!
    So I'm a little unclear. Will the Sprint version send a SMS out of the box? Could anyone going to the next one ask about that? I know everyone loves GSM but throw us CDMA people a bone! Sorry, I've been sick all day and I'm a little crabby. lol
    Here they are....

The silhouette of the girl is here, she was hot... but the picture stunk

Bond Girl Silhouette

Here are some next to a buisiness card....

Treo w/ B-CARD 1/4
    Treo w/ B-CARD 2/4
    Treo w/ B-CARD 3/4
    Treo w/ B-CARD 4/4

And here i am with Ed (who was signing my treo 600 mockup)

Ed Signing My Mockup (Thanks RayUSA)

For those of you who think the screen is inadeqate, you are WRONG, even though these pictures stink, I can assure you that the 600 has a REALLY REALLY good screen, brightest that I've ever seen, and it looked good in direct sunlight.

-Mike
    If someone heard different I would like to be wrong, but I asked two people who said the Sprint version would not be able to send SMS out of the Box. Apparently the capability is built-in but Sprint is not ready for it. Hope TREO600SMS is in the works.

The SMS threaded version with emoticons was hot, for the GSM version.

Not Hotter than TREO Girl, tho
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast