Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Did they win a Sprint version or a GSM one?
    No info forthcoming on unlocked (ask carriers) versions or release dates. Pocket Tunes available for DL after reg. All versions.
    All unofficial, but in talking to carriers and HS, availability should be like this:

Sprint stores
    HS cdma
    HS GSM
    GSM Stores
    Lost track of the winner. He didn't get one right away, though. In the mail, Ed promised.
    Phone should be Ready-Link and GPSOne enabled whenever Sprint launches rthose services. Don't quote me on RL, though.
    Time to go back to work. WeeBit will be posting some pics later, incl. one next to a business card. I think I doubled my post count in the last 2 hours.
    Originally posted by skfny
    Phone should be Ready-Link and GPSOne enabled whenever Sprint launches rthose services. Don't quote me on RL, though.
    Sorry, I did quote you-- but only for clarification. In following these boards, I haven't come across Ready-Link or GPSONe. What are these features? (Anyone can answer if SKFNY is on way back to work)
    I did a search and found something on a site talking about the Samsung i330 phone: http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=4783

Here's an excerpt: "gpsOne, which uses signals from the GPS satellite constellation and from CDMA cell towers to locate the wireless handheld. This will allow for location-based services. "

Readylink looks like it's Sprints version of Nextel's "Push to Talk": http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...04/focus2.html
    Originally posted by jloosli
    I did a search and found something on a site talking about the Samsung i330 phone: http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=4783

Here's an excerpt: "gpsOne, which uses signals from the GPS satellite constellation and from CDMA cell towers to locate the wireless handheld. This will allow for location-based services. "

Readylink looks like it's Sprints version of Nextel's "Push to Talk": http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...04/focus2.html
    Didn't mean to give you homework!! Thanks for looking it up.
  10.    #50  
    I just wanted to pipe in and tell everyone thank you for using this thread to post updates. It sure saves us all a lot of time searching the other threads for info.
    If you run across other mission possible information on other threads, please cut and paste it here.

Thanks!
    Hello Everyone,
    I got into the Boston show and was woundering what the hell ppl are wearing?... i am a student so i have no idea. sounds like a gay question but whatever. I'll fill in info while i am there tmrrw with my 180 (hey, i am in college after all). Timmmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Originally posted by nrosser
    This is just like when I first saw the 600 at the Sprint user forum thing in Dallas - I couldn't BEGIN to keep up with all the questions.
    WeeBit and I were thinking the same thing. nrosser, I think you might be forever linked with breaking Treo news.

Originally posted by silverado
    We're all doing this with 270's and 300's... and we need the 600 why?!
    Umm... sounds like some non-Treo people I know.

Other things I didn't mention in passing:

1) Handspring is working with pdaapps to ensure that Verichat is 5-way nav compatible. It sounds like most apps might not support 5-way nav at first.
    2) There may never be a Treo600sms app, since Sprint is supposedly rolling out true SMS.
    3) "GPRS Roaming", according to the T-Mobile rep, implies international roaming. According to him, if you roam on Cingular and At&T data networks in the US, you don't get charged for roaming. (At least this was new to me).
    4) Whenever someone posts their thoughts on a 600 they've just seen, everyone (including me) whines about how they forgot to take pics of the screen outdoors. (Recent posts excluded). Well, we didn't get any either, I think. But the screen is clearly visible in sunlight (didn't get to see it in direct sunlight).
    5) The camera is not as bad as some of the posts on the board make it seem, even in indoor areas with decent lighting. WeeBit should be posting some pics from the Treo's camera tonight.
    6) Ed Colligan autographed WeeBit's treo mock-up.

It felt very strange walking to the restaurant on my way in and seeing so many Treo 600s. At first, I thought they were the non-functioning units. (Obviously, they were functioning). HS employees have been using Treo 600s since as early as June/July.
    RL refers to Sprint's version of PTT. Do a search for "PTT" and you'll find various threads.

The GPSOne funcitonality is based on the Snaptrack location based technology. Do a search for "snaptrack" and you'll find lots of already discussed info...

I would seriously doubt the Treo600 will be capable of RL since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $technology$ $also$ $requires$ $specific$ $hardware$ $radios$. $Thus$ $it$ $probably$ $will$ $not$ $be$ $available$ $on$ $current$ $Treo600$'$s$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by bigredgpk
    Hello Everyone,
    I got into the Boston show and was woundering what the hell ppl are wearing?... i am a student so i have no idea. sounds like a gay question but whatever. I'll fill in info while i am there tmrrw with my 180 (hey, i am in college after all). Timmmay
    Most people were wearing business attire, but many were wearing business casual or street clothes. The Boston and SF exhibits may be our last chances to get answers to any outstanding Treo questions before release.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I would seriously doubt the Treo600 will be capable of RL since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $technology$ $also$ $requires$ $specific$ $hardware$ $radios$. $Thus$ $it$ $probably$ $will$ $not$ $be$ $available$ $on$ $current$ $Treo600$'$s$...
    You might be right, they were very vague about RL but mentioned that the Treo will support some future Sprint services, like GPSOne.
    What outstanding questions are there? Let 'em fly ppl, i want to ask a good question tmrrw. I am skipping two classes to goto this after all! hehe

Most people were wearing business attire, but many were wearing business casual or street clothes. The Boston and SF exhibits may be our last chances to get answers to any outstanding Treo questions before release.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Best Buy availability?

"We're all doing this with 270's and 300's... and we need the 600 why?! "

Umm... sounds like some non-Treo people I know.
    Just goes to show how great the original Treo's are; not sure what you mean by sounding like "non-Treo people". To answer my own question, I personally don't need a 600 but I am surely getting one as soon as they're available just because I'm a gadget lover and this is one of the most awesome gadgest in a long time. I suspect this would be a true statement for most current Treo owners.
    Originally posted by bigredgpk
    What outstanding questions are there? Let 'em fly ppl, i want to ask a good question tmrrw. I am skipping two classes to goto this after all! hehe

when will it (gsm) be available on the handspring web site?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I was at the NYC launch event as well. I have to say, it was pretty cool. I got a kick out of the whole theme.

It was also amusing when the lead technician knocked back a martini glass after a brief mixup at the start of the demo. Later said it helps to loosen up. Probably water he drank, but the moment was funny and everyone laughed.

The phone is VERY cool. The carrier reps that I spoke to did not give much in the way of specifics. I honestly don't know that they knew too much about the phone itself.

Since I am a 7135 owner at the moment, I asked a guy from T-Mobile if he knew if the Treo 600 could play MP3s with a bit-rate higher than 128 kbps (the 7135 can't play higher than 128kbps). No answer. I asked about bundled apps; no confimation.

I even asked a Sprint rep when it would be released. He smirked at me and said "Soon." ooook. So how much? After a long winded comment, he says "I don't think it would be wrong to say it should be in the $500-ish range".

Don't get me wrong, these questions and many answers are all over the place. I just wanted to see what they'd say. They didn't say much.

Handspring on the other hand was very cool in trying to show off the features as much as possible. I'm no SMS junkie, but the threaded SMS feature that they were showing on a Cingular Treo 600 looked pretty cool.

I thought it was telling in that with the single exception of one SMS message they sent, they did not do anything to actually access the web. They brought up a Yahoo WAP webpage, but it was cached. They took a picture and showed how to use it via MMS. But they didn't send. I'm not complaining, but I wonder if anyone else noticed that?

Finally, I asked the same Sprint rep if the download or upload on the Treo 600 was any faster due to the faster processor in the T600. He said that it had nothing to do with the processor, but with the Qualcomm ?5100? chipset. He said the d/l speed would be no different. But the perception of speed would make it seem faster, because of the responsiveness of the applications and how they handle the data. I believe it.

It was very nice to see them play an MP3 (which as has been commented on earlier sounded AWESOME) and then switch between apps and there was NO stuttering on the music. My 7135 will ALWAYS stutter when I play an MP3 and move around in other apps.

It was hysterical when they did the drawing for the Treo 600 and the guy from Jupiter Communications didn't respond when they called his name. All I pictured was some poor S.O.B. in the bathroom and not being able to get his pants up fast enough and yelling "wait, I'm here. I'M HERE!!!!"

They called his name, no answer w/i 5 seconds and EVERYONE was looking for another name to be called. TOO FUNNY!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast