1.    #1  
    I sent an email to Orange UK asking about when Handspring Treo will be available, and here is what I got back:

This is all the information I have on the handset

Launch is expected in September although this is subject to change

The Handspring Penguin is a smartphone, targeted at personal and business
    customers. It is based on the Palm operating system and features a
    touch-sensitive colour screen, QWERTY keyboard and integrated camera.

It also features:

Polyphonic ring tones

Quad band
    A secure digital expansion slot

16mb of RAM

WAP 2.0

GPRS

Anyone else heard of it being called the Handspring Penguin?!
    The internal code name at Handspring was Sierras. Penguin might be the name that Orange used internally.
    what happen to batman and robin?
    Ben
    Originally posted by ben klieger
    Bob Kane (Batman creator) is suing Handspring for misappropriating the Batman, Robin name for use with the Treo 600 line of phones, so they had to rename them!
    NOT!!!!

You guys really dig up some interesting trivia, that's why I love this site! Keep it up
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by ben klieger
    Well, as far as the PENGUIN I called Sprint and the JOKER on the phone said nobody should be using that name. He asked how I knew about it and I told him a little ROBIN flew down and told me. RIDDLE ME THIS he said... and I said.. is that CAT WOMAN your wife or some other little *****. He then said the Treo will be available after they are done testing the equipment. Right now they are temperature testing he said so they are testing it in the deep FREEZE .
    16MB?!! I thoght 32MB?!!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    16MB?!! I thoght 32MB?!!
    Don't worry, it's 32Mb. I think there are some people at Orange that can't tell the difference between the on-board RAM (32Mb) and the SD card of 16 Mb that comes with the Orange package.