Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I read that yahoo made changes to there IM . now my varichat for yahoo does not work . aol and msn do.

has anyone else noticed this?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Yes! I've noticed this since early this morning. AOL and MSN work without a problem. I hope the VeriChat folks are right on Yahoo's heals in gettting us connected again.
    Chatter is still working with Yahoo, by the way (for any Chatter users out there...)

Marc
    I've been jamming all day (Thurs) on all platforms - Yahoo, MSN, AOL - all good for me....maybe a reinstall will help you?
  5.    #5  
    If you’re running an older version of Yahoo! Messenger, or a third-party instant messenger like Miranda or Trillian .74 and connecting to the Yahoo network, you may have received an instant message from "YahooMessengerTeam" that reads:

Yahoo! is upgrading to its newest version of Yahoo! Messenger on September 24, 2003. The upgrade is part of an ongoing process to continually enhance the overall quality of the Yahoo! Messenger service for our millions of users. Please download the latest version at http://messenger.yahoo.com

This news has been echoed in stories on News.com and PCWorld.com, both reporting that Trillian and other third-party messengers will be blocked.

The truth is that Yahoo is dropping support for the older YMSG9 protocol used by older versions of their own program as well as many third-party "interoperable" instant messengers. However this doesn’t necessarily shut everyone out. After September 24th, instant messengers that support the newer YMSG11 protocol will continue to work. This currently includes the recently released Trillian Pro 2.0.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just signed onto Yahoo using VeriChat. It's working flawlessly.
    All three work fine here too.
    Everything works here!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by edwarto
    I read that yahoo made changes to there IM . now my varichat for yahoo does not work . aol and msn do.

VeriChat WAS working with Yahoo yesterday. Woke up this morning and VeriChat would sign on to AOL and MSN. but not Yahoo. Could it be that I'm using verion 1.5b. What version are some of you using on your Treo 300...the latest?
    Dead here. Hmmm.
    --eliben
    I've still got all three up and running in NYC.
    Well I can't get my 1.77b to work with Yahoo either. Tried delete/reinstall several times. It just logs me back off. Stopped working a couple of days ago when I used the PC to chat with the same account. Though that's the same thing I always do, and then when I'm done I connect with VC.
  13.    #13  
    mine worked one time and then it failed again. something is wrong did anyone hear from varichat?
    Originally posted by mblank
    Chatter is still working with Yahoo, by the way (for any Chatter users out there...)

Marc
    Hey Marc,

Can one still get a copy of Chatter?
    I've been patiently waiting for a release that never happened.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by edwarto

It was fixed this morning and is working fine. Ben
    Logs off of MSN immediate when trying to connect. Aol works fine. Anyones else have this problem or know the resolution ?
    MSN not working for me, logs off instantly.
    MSN has made some changes to their authentication protocols and we are working on incorporating a fix to our server software to deal with these changes. MSN access via VeriChat should (hopefully) be back online in a day or so. Stay tuned.

PDAapps
    Good grief.

The changes to MSN's protocol have been public knowledge for MONTHS. There is _absolutely_ no excuse for you not having this PAID service ready ahead of time, when people providing completely free clients (like GAIM) have been ready for over 3 weeks.

You expect me to subscribe to a service, when you don't even pay attention to upcoming changes? Heck, you could have easily looked at gaims' code (no, not copied it) in order to see the changes made.

Instead, you sat on your collective asses, and now I can't log in.

Isn't that just great?
    Verichat seems to work good, although I have the MSN problem too.

Just a curious question. I know when I connect and start using verichat I am connected to the chatting service. When I change applications and go into lets say, address book. I know people can still send me messages even though I don't have verichat still on.

Why is it when I go back to verichat, it has to re-connect to all the services? Aren't I already connected?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast