Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i've had the same question!
    No, verichat is connected for you through their proxy servers and will SMS you when you get a new IM. When you go back into Verichat, you have to reconnect to the Verichat servers.

Nathan
    PDAapps what is the ETA for getting the service up ?
    You know, I probably wouldn't be so pissed off I pdaapps at _least_ mentioned this on their homepage.

I spent over an _hour_ screwing around with this thing, only to realise it just doesn't work right now.

Oh, gee. Great. Thanks for telling people that are downloading your product.

No.. they still want to sign up unwitting subscribers, even though their ADVERTISED MSN service isn't working right now!

PDAapps, at least have the honesty and the good will to post this to your web page, so that people won't be screwing around, trying to get a non-working product to function.

You've wasted my time, and LOST MY BUSINESS FOREVER! How many more customers are you going to treat the same?
    MSN back up
    andres
    Not here it isn't...
    Ok, so now we have SMS, and MSN back. I hope adding users to ICQ is next. It is very hard to remembers everyone's numbers in AIM.

-DT
    I still don't get a log in with MSN protocol, what do you mean, MSN is back?
    MSN is working for me now. But sadly, Yahoo is now not. It was earlier, but now it's not. I can log in with the PC client, so I don't know why it doesn't work.

Other than that, this is my first time using VeriChat, and I really like it. Wow, what a great program. It's kinda like Trillian for the Treo.

I hope they keep working on it. It's certainly a great start. For example, it'd be really nice to have more shortcut keys, especially ones that I could hit on the Treo keyboard for the PDM's. I would also like to be able to set a global status/away mode instead of having to go to each service. I wonder if they are able to detect when you're making a voice call. It would be really cool it automatically set an away mode when you were on the phone, and reset to where you had it last when you got off the voice.

A logging of error messages would be nice, too. I'd be useful to be able to tell why Yahoo isn't connecting right now. The error message now is to general to troubleshoot.
    OK, MSN was working. Now it's not again. Weird.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I cannot log in at all to the proxy server
    I don't have a problem
    Hi,
    I downloaded the trial of Verichat two days ago and have been using it constantly. Overall its working fine without major problems (except no MSN connection due to new MSN protocols - which will be solved soon), but here are some issues I can't solve:

1) I find myself missing a LOT of calls when on this service, even when I'm not IMing. In other words, the arrows are green more than I'd like them to be, even when not IMing people. Any solutions?

2) How is the Verichat I'm experiencing now different from Verichat once Sprint has SMS up and running? Will that solve #1?

3) How do I quickly switch in and out of Verichat? Everytime I go out of Verichat (go to the dialpad, for example), I have to restart Verichat, forcing it to go through the reconnection procedures again. It keeps me online, but isn't there a way to just switch what you're looking at for a minute or two without the need for reconnection?

4) My buddy lists don't seem to always update properly for people who are on and offline. ie, I see people who are not online, and don't see people who are online (I sign on using a different screen name from laptop to confirm who's online and who's not).

5) What's buddy pounce?

The search feature didn't help me. Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated, esp from the PDAapps guys on this board.

thanks.
    Originally posted by petesamprs
    Hi,
    I downloaded the trial of Verichat two days ago and have been using it constantly. Overall its working fine without major problems (except no MSN connection due to new MSN protocols - which will be solved soon), but here are some issues I can't solve:

1) I find myself missing a LOT of calls when on this service, even when I'm not IMing. In other words, the arrows are green more than I'd like them to be, even when not IMing people. Any solutions?

2) How is the Verichat I'm experiencing now different from Verichat once Sprint has SMS up and running? Will that solve #1?

3) How do I quickly switch in and out of Verichat? Everytime I go out of Verichat (go to the dialpad, for example), I have to restart Verichat, forcing it to go through the reconnection procedures again. It keeps me online, but isn't there a way to just switch what you're looking at for a minute or two without the need for reconnection?

4) My buddy lists don't seem to always update properly for people who are on and offline. ie, I see people who are not online, and don't see people who are online (I sign on using a different screen name from laptop to confirm who's online and who's not).

5) What's buddy pounce?

The search feature didn't help me. Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated, esp from the PDAapps guys on this board.

thanks.
    1- If you have Snappermail, go into that and hit menu I. That will disconnect you from Vision. If not, go into the Treo's preferences, network, and hit disconnect. You'll be disconnected to Vision but still on your chat clients via PDAapps' proxies so you'll appear online.

2- I wonder how it will be different myself. I don't think it has anything to do with the first question.

3- I don't know of another way. It seems to reconnect a lot faster with the 600 than with the 300 so I don't mind.

4- It will happen for me as well sometimes. To fix this, I'll close and then expand the online list. Doing that usually updates the list and shows everyone that's online.

5- When you select someone for buddy pounce, when they sign online you'll get an IM that says "I am online" instead of the subtle notice that usually pops up.
    Well, MSN seems to work now. Odd thing though.

Every morning I'm logged out of the application. That is, when I check my local MSN / Icq client, it shows my PDA as being logged out.

This doesn't seem to make sense. This is supposed to be an "always on" proxy. Does anyone else know why this is happening?
    Is it just me, or is SMS not working for the new Treo 600 version of verichat? Is everyone getting an sms message when they're in another application besides verichat, but still logged into the verichat servers? Also, is everyone showing up as "away" when they switch from verichat to another application? I don't remember this being the case with the Treo 300 version of verichat.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Originally posted by treotim
    Is it just me, or is SMS not working for the new Treo 600 version of verichat? Is everyone getting an sms message when they're in another application besides verichat, but still logged into the verichat servers? Also, is everyone showing up as "away" when they switch from verichat to another application? I don't remember this being the case with the Treo 300 version of verichat.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Ok I figured it out. You definitely want to delete your old version of Verichat in the backup folder prior to installing the new one. You also want to delete the .pdb file as well. That will force you to reconfigure verichat and fix the sms issue mentioned above. It also resolves the "away" status issue.

Now Verichat works better than ever for me!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12