1.    #1  
    Interesting problem: I switched from TMobile to Cingular, and do not have GPRS service enabled on my new plan. I updated the phone to GPRS when I had Tmo with the data service (I just use dial up now).

I sync my 270 with two computers (work and home) to keep all my calendars in place. I sync fine at work, but the Hotsync process hangs at home at the "Backing Up Databases" stage, with the hand held indicating that the offending application is CurrentCarrier. I have tried deleting this file from the backup folder of both PC, even doing a Hard Reset on the phone before resyncing, but it keeps reappearing and hanging the home PC syncing process.

Anyone need any additional information, or have any ideas?
    R. Evan Stevens
  2.    #2  
    bump
    R. Evan Stevens
    Originally posted by restevns
    I have tried deleting this file from the backup folder of both PC, even doing a Hard Reset on the phone before resyncing, but it keeps reappearing and hanging the home PC syncing process.

Anyone need any additional information, or have any ideas?
    When you did this, did you delete the "current carrier" file from your back up folder, perform a hard reset on your treo then change your hot sync settings to "desktop over writes handheld" and then did a hotsync? All together in one operation?
    (FYI, don't change "system", keep it as "handheld overwrites system" in the hot sync custom set up.)
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    actually, yes, I did all of that at once. even stranger, the 'hang on currentcarrier' only happen intermittantly. sometimes i get a clean sync, sometimes a hang, but only on home pc!
    R. Evan Stevens