1.    #1  
    Taken with a second Treo 600. The camera is a piece of sh*t and my hands were trembling too much to make a decent picture

Anyway, you can still see that the icons and text are visible. In reality I could really read the text.

I have three more pictures sitting on my 270 but for some reason they come out as garbage when I beam them to my PC. Same thing when I rename the corresponding PDBs in my BackupBuddy folder. If anyone knows how to fix this then I can post post those as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cool! Thanks for the pic Mol! While the screen doesn't look great in sunlight, it certainly does seem manageable...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i believe the focus range was too close.... try to shot it a bit further away!?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Have you tried typing on it?

Im a bit concerned with the keyboard so close to the edge, compared to the 270 where you got the selection- and scrollbuttons below the keyboard.

If I imagine my 270 is a 600 and try to type closer to the edge (on the 270) it gets wobbly and hard to hold still, do you reckon this is an issue on the 600?

Have you seen any pricing without plans in France yet?

/Andreas
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by vkchengm
    i believe the focus range was too close.... try to shot it a bit further away!?
    Too late. The seminar was yesterday.

Couldn't get the two phones further apart than this. I was holding one with my left hand and trying to focus the second one in my right hand. Don't think the focus range was the problem anyway - it was due to my hands trembling too much. Some of the other pictures on my 270 look a litte better, I hope somebody will be able to help me out in getting them on my PC properly.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    What if you attach the pics in an email and send them to yourself?(using Snappermail)

Or aint the pics in .jpg format?

/Andreas
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Andreas
    Have you tried typing on it?

Im a bit concerned with the keyboard so close to the edge, compared to the 270 where you got the selection- and scrollbuttons below the keyboard.

If I imagine my 270 is a 600 and try to type closer to the edge (on the 270) it gets wobbly and hard to hold still, do you reckon this is an issue on the 600?

Have you seen any pricing without plans in France yet?

/Andreas
    It's not an issue on the 600, thanks to the different form of the device.

There is currently no pricing without plans in France. And even if there was then there would be no phones available. Apparently all the phones in UK, France and CH will go to Orange for the time being. The HS people even sounded like there may be no unlocked versions at all in Europe in the first month.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Andreas
    What if you attach the pics in an email and send them to yourself?(using Snappermail)

Or aint the pics in .jpg format?

/Andreas
    Tried that several times using various email accounts. Snappermail stops uploading after about 11K. I'll try one more time...
  9.    #9  
    Anybody who can help me to get the remaining jpegs to my PC?
    Originally posted by Mol
    Anybody who can help me to get the remaining jpegs to my PC?
    Use your backup folder (desktop), the jpegs might be in there?
    The screen looks legible, but the buttons are too shiny. We must boycott HS and force them to deliver a handset with buttons that are visible in direct sunlight. This is an outrage. I am not about to spend $18,000 on a phone that will not withstand the atmosphere on Pluto and work underwater simultaneously. After all, I can get a Nokia 3650 for free.

Just kidding, of course. Sorry, folks, I just got finished reading through the boycott thread -- what a mess.

Seriously, thanks for posting the picture, Mol. It is a relief to many of us.
  12.    #12  
    I had already tried the files in the backup folder. Same problem. I just don't understand the first one is fine and the other three are fine. It's a shame because the second picture is a little better, at least from what I can tell from the correct display on my 270.

Oh well. I'm shipping my 270 tomorrow morning to the guy that bought it on ebay so I'm afraid we'll have to wait for somebody else to post a better picture.