1.    #1  
    Someone with Ingram access want to check the ETA on the 600 again? I believe there may have been an update, at least according to a vendor I talked to today.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I can check in the morning and see what my Ingram rep tells me. I do not deal in phones but IT equipment and we deal with Ingram.
  3.    #3  
    I look forward to your response!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Per Ingram as of this morning:

Unlocked Treo 600 GSM/GPRS Oct. 10 Cost: $555.00
    Treo 600 CDMA for Sprint Oct. 7 cost: $533.50

Price has gone up since I checked last.
    Does Sprint have its own distribution channel to the Sprint stores and preffered retailers, and Ingram is just a general distributor, or does Ingram distribute all of Sprint phones for everyone?

I hope that sprint doesn't use Ingram as a prime distributor to its retail outlets because that pricing stinks compared to what was their earlier. It seems like Ingram may be doing a little gouging too.
    Originally posted by Blacksheep
    Per Ingram as of this morning:

Unlocked Treo 600 GSM/GPRS Oct. 10 Cost: $555.00
    Treo 600 CDMA for Sprint Oct. 7 cost: $533.50

Price has gone up since I checked last.
    Just confirmed the dates but they are saying tentative and dependent on Sprint's release date. You have to be an authorized Sprint partner to get the CDMA version, BUT, the GSM version you don't have to be.

CDMA Retail list $549.99
    GSM/GPRS Retail list $599.99

I also just talked to another Hand Spring CS Rep and while they still claim they have no firm release date other than fall 2003 (come on now) they did confirm based on past Treo sales they offered unlocked versions of both and that it would be likely to carry over to the T600.

She did say that the carriers subsidize the costs and the true retail of a Treo 270 is $699.95 if you bought directly from HS. I may have to reconsider the sprint thing if I want to get one. I can't see paying $700 for anything on the VzW network if I can spend $500.
    Well this is not looking good. Hasn't everyone been told by HS that the 600 "will be under $500"? The retail shouldn't be more than $499.99. Hopefully This is just Ingram and Sprint will sell the unit at no more than $500.
    Actually this is GREAT! As mentioned above, the 270 retails for $699 and we all know how much we got it for. So it seems that the 600 is starting with much lower prices.
    Silverado,

I'll believe it when I see it!

I'm starting to get kinda pessimistic about the price......
  10.    #10  
    Hey - anyone with Ingram access... Can you take a look on their site to see if Handspring lists any other accessories for the 600 available? How about car charges and a cradle??? If you could post part numbers, it would be much appreciated!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I don't remember where it says this but the 600's connector is supposed to be the same as the 180/180g/270/300 so any device that has that connector and no extra bits around it should fit. I've seen posts on this forum that state you can use the old cradle and some that say you can't. I for one would buy a new one that actually fits.
    Sometimes new shoes are better than the old pair you tossed out. NO cradle is fine but I would definitely would buy one anyways.
  13.    #13  
    Okay - several folks are claiming that Ingram has removed the T600 from it's site and/or the dates have changed...

Can someone confirm this information on the Ingram site?
    Lee Ladisky
    Yes, it has been removed from Ingram's site because Sprint has postponed the release.

I won't post again why. I posted it in another thread and tired of being flamed because people don't like the information.

As far as the personasking if Ingram is the only distributor: No, they are not but they seem to get Sprint products way after we get them from our primary Sprint distributor. We use Inragm solely as a backup supplier.

Larry
  15.    #15  
    Larry - who is your primary distributor then?

Thanks for the info?

And do you have a link to the other post on why it was delayed?
    Lee Ladisky
    Think about it guys. Sprint is probably delaying distribution to its 3rd party resellers in order to hog in on all the early adapter action for themselves. When the early feeding frenzy settles down, they will open up additional distribution channels. The gravy will go to the main player (Sprint) first and the crumbs will be available later in November for the others.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I cannot post who my Sprint master distributor is. They are tired of end users calling asking for Sprint phones. They only sell to dealers.

Here's what I posted:

"Sprint has pushed the release date for the Treo 600 to the end of November. Please do not call asking why. We honestly don't know."

I received this info from 3 different sources at different time son Friday. Two different Sprint sales managers in the Business channel and my Ingram Micro Sprint rep.

Handspring & Sprint approached us a couple weeks ago looking for some of our larger customers to participate in a beta pilot program that's just started which is to last a couple of weeks. Personally I'm not sure how they could plan on shipping a product before getting feedback from beta testers. Guess we'll see what really happens.

I will not be posting any more inside information I receive on this board. It's not worth the bs I've been getting. I'll just updated our product page at http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-004-002 as I get info from Sprint.

Have a great weekend.

Larry
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    I cannot post who my Sprint master distributor is. They are tired of end users calling asking for Sprint phones. They only sell to dealers.

Here's what I posted:

"Sprint has pushed the release date for the Treo 600 to the end of November. Please do not call asking why. We honestly don't know."

I received this info from 3 different sources at different time son Friday. Two different Sprint sales managers in the Business channel and my Ingram Micro Sprint rep.

Handspring & Sprint approached us a couple weeks ago looking for some of our larger customers to participate in a beta pilot program that's just started which is to last a couple of weeks. Personally I'm not sure how they could plan on shipping a product before getting feedback from beta testers. Guess we'll see what really happens.

I will not be posting any more inside information I receive on this board. It's not worth the bs I've been getting. I'll just updated our product page at http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-004-002 as I get info from Sprint.

Have a great weekend.

Larry

and for some reason i dont believe you...hmmm...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.