Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a case for my soon to be acquired Treo 600. I want a case that is not cumbersome. The Nutshell Treo seems to be a good candidate. It's gotten positive reviews on this site.

A couple of questions for anyone who has one:
    1. How do you like it?
    2. It looks like Nutshell has only one case size for the 180, 270, 300, and 600. Given that the 600 is almost half an inch thinner than the other Treos, do people think that the one size fits all case will work well for the Treo 600?
    3. Any chance Nutshell will make a customized case specifically for the 600?
    personally i dont like nutshell kinds...i like slipcases (i think thats what they are called) i dont remember where but i heard somewhere that a slipcase will come in the box...doubtful about that though so if anyone knows where I will be able to get a case that covers the entire phone but allows me to see and use the screen (covered by plastic) please PM me or post it here...thanks!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I have the Nutshell case for 300 and Love It I tried to contact them a couple of times about the 600 and if they would have a new case, but my EMail kept getting bouced back. I'll try again.

I really hope the do make one, it is an extremely high quality case, and the thing I like most about it is that it dosn't stick out to far from your belt.
    The nutshell case looks pretty nice. How have you guys worn it? i.e. standard belt clip or belt loop (if loop, sideways or up and down)? Does it seem to get in the way when you sit down? At first I thought it had a belt swivel which would be perfect. I have always carried in my pocket but with the exposed screen I think I'll opt for a belt case but it just looks like it would get in the way.
    I though it came with a case albeit not a great one, but alot better than the piece of crap I got with my I700, you know the phone Sprint decided it wouldn't carry. I am actually holding out to see what the T600 looks like and I may sell my I700 to get one and move if I can get a decent plan with roaming.
    I have the belt loop version (i.e. its just a leather strap you put your belt through). I like this because of its low profile. I wear it sidways (not up and down) and it does not get in my way most of the time. The only time it a problem is when I have pants with a belt loop right at the side, so I have to shift the phone eather forward or backwards. I usualy prefer backwards. (That way it dosn't hit me in the gut
    Hi ComicMasta...our research indicates the new Treo 600 will fit into your
    existing Treo 300 holster. If that's not the case we want to know...meanwhile, you
    should be able to swap out your existing Treo and continue to use your
    Nutshell....

Best
    Ian Miller
    NUTSHELL
    i want to get a see through wrap around case that covers the screen and buttons with a see through plastic.

Does anyone know the status on something like this?

I have the case from casetechworks for my 300 which serves this purpose, except it does not cover the thumbboard (which is protected when closed anyway.

Mike
  9.    #9  
    ComicMasta,

Thanks for taking the initiative on this. Let us know how your existing Nutshell case works with the new Treo 600. If it works well, I'll pick one up. If not, hopefully tough-as-nuts will develop one specifically for the Treo 600.
    I just can't do anything but detest leather phone wrap arounds. I'm really hoping there is a holster like the treo holster of the things that Motorola ships with StarTac phones. The holster is one of the reasons I got the Treo 180. If I can't wear my phone I tend to leave my phone.
    No Problem, I will let you all know as soon as I do, hopefully less than two weeks from today.
    Whatever case you get, make sure it provides good access to the 5 way pad. It's going to be the input method you will use most of the time.
    Nutshell case for the Treo 300 does NOT fit the Treo 600.
    with the treo in the case I can slide my entire pinky finger into the case beside the 600. (aka The case is too big)

Interesting Coincedence:
    The case shipped with the Treo600 is (almost) exactly the same size as the iPod case, however the iPod case has a belt clip !!!

I think I will use my iPod case for now
    Nutshell is listing a Treo 600 specific case now:
    http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html
    Please notice the dimensions for the Treo 600 case: 4.5 x 3 x 11/16 (inches)

Now check out the dimensions for the Treo 300 case: 4.5 x 3 x 11/16 (inches)

Now, I'm looking at my Treo 300 and 600 side-by-side, and I don't see how it's possible that the same case could properly fit both devices.

Also note the earlier post about the guy sticking his finger between the nutshell Treo 300 case and the Treo 600 device.

Caveat emptor, my friends...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    i will hopefully be getting my 600 on friday, but let me share this in the meantime. I have 2 nutshells. one for my 300 and one for my tungsten. they are the same case with the exception of the velcro loop that holds them in ( the treo case has a thinner loop to clear the antenna). my treo fits in the case perfectly, as it has stretched out the leather and now the case is kinda molded into the 300 shape. however, my tungsten fits very snugly in its case as well, as it has not stretched the leather. if I slip the tungsten in the treo case, there is room because treo has stretched it out. my take on the post where you can slip your finger in the side is that it may have something to do with the user's 300 stretching out the case. when I get my 600, I will see how well it fits in my unstretched tungsten case, as that may be a better gauge.

in addition, you can now order custom nutshells. you can get it without a belt clip or loop and you can also have the velcro loop removed to make it a slipcase.
    I'm not a fan of the "cases." I see that Seido (sp?) has a plastic holster listed on their website but it is listed as "not available." Does anyone know about the quality of the case (will it break and sending my Treo crashing?) and/or about the availabiity. Sent an e-mail to customer service and waiting to here back. Thanks!
    Originally posted by kkest
    I'm not a fan of the "cases." I see that Seido (sp?) has a plastic holster listed on their website but it is listed as "not available." Does anyone know about the quality of the case (will it break and sending my Treo crashing?) and/or about the availabiity. Sent an e-mail to customer service and waiting to here back. Thanks!
    Check this thread about Seidio:
    (http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t43993/s.html).

Sounds like a company to run from
    Originally posted by kkest
    I wouldn't recommend buying any products from Seidio anymore. They false advertise their products. You should read the other threads first (which has bunch of posts of people with first hand experience with Seidio) before you decide to buy it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t43993/s.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t43203/s.html
    Thanks for the advice on Seidio. Seeing as how Seidio apparently is not the company to choose from, does anyone know of another company that is making a plastic holster? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast