Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just spoke with the head of investor realations and media communications for handsping about tomorrow's mission possible event.

1) UNDER $500

2) AVAILBLE TO RETAIL
    Sprint = October 7-10
    Cingular = October 20th
    T-Mobile = October 20th (CONFIRMED AS OF THIS MORNING)
    AT&T = Undisclosed

3) Vendors at the misson possible lauch event include... Sprint, At&T, Cingular, T-Mobile, Visto, Good, Seven and others.

4) It has already begun shipping to retail.

5) The misson event is invite only and they will not be accepting the internet autoreply

Any questions, please let me know.

Otherwise, I'll tell you more tom. after the event.

-Mike
    finally, real nformation...thanks man, now I just have to wait until the 7th....
    Any idea of the release date for the Unbranded GSM version from HandSpring?

And is under $500 with out contract?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I'm sure under $500 means $499 hehe
    Thanks WeeBit!! Great info again!

What about the unlocked version?

For those of us who are under contract with existing companies, how much will we pay the carriers if we buy from them?
  6.    #6  
    She didn't discuss unbranded with me, truth is, i forgot to ask once she confirmed that T-Mobile would officailly be supporting
    the 600.

I agree, before HS discount for treo owners, I'm guessing that less than 500 means 499.

I dont care though.

-Mike
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

3) Vendors at the misson possible lauch event include... Sprint, At&T, Cingular, T-Mobile, Visto, Good, Seven and others.
    This is a great set of companies to have at one event!! Can't think of any phone that was launched on so many networks at the same time.

Handspring has done a great job with this launch!

Can you imagine the effect of the advertisment of all these companies pushing the same device all at the same time?
    So is the claim that it will be $499 without any discounts, carrier or HS?
  9.    #9  
    Also.....

The campain for the treo will be....

Mission Possible -----> Mission Accomplished
  10.    #10  
    Her words exactly were price wont exceed $500 though the carriers

I take that to mean that even if you have a existing contract with your carrier, it wont cost more than $500 to upgrade. That said, I'm sure it will be cheaper still with new activation, especially before November 24th number portabilty implementation.

It might be more that $500 though, as an "unlocked" phone, its hard to say
    Probably the greatest product launch for a cell phone in a while....imagine it. Most of the major Cell phone companies with billboards all ova the place......all showing the Treo 600. Look out Volkswagon Beetle.....here comes the Treo 600!! I'm so excited..I cant stand it
    My belt loop just itching for a new phone to support.

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    WeeBit,

Will you be taking some pictures if you can? Could you please ask when the Treo 600 will be available at the local Sprint store...for instance...the one on Broadway in the Wall St. area...about a few blocks from Mission Possible.

Thanks
    anyone know whatever happened to the "trade in" plan handspring mentioned earlier? you guys remember right? the plan where you trade in your existing treo to get a discount on the 600....?
    WeeBitObsessed, was there any info regarding Verizon support for the Treo600?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    WeeBit-

Great scoop! You say October 7-10 available to retail - does that mean in the store or on the Handspring website? Did your source say whether or not the final prices will be released at tomorrow's meeting, or just the same info you have? And, if you could just wring out what the price for existing Treo users will be (after Hanspring discount), we'd all be very grateful.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Her words exactly were price wont exceed $500 though the carriers

I take that to mean that even if you have a existing contract with your carrier, it wont cost more than $500 to upgrade. That said, I'm sure it will be cheaper still with new activation, especially before November 24th number portabilty implementation.

It might be more that $500 though, as an "unlocked" phone, its hard to say
    To me, "through carriers", means with the carrier subsidized discount. I bet it will be more if your buying it without activation.

Rich
    I'm sure the discount plan HS announced, which is still featured prominently on their website BTW, is still coming. You sound like you're assuming it's not.

And as explained many times here, it will most likely won't be a trade-in plan but rather a discount given to owners of Treo's, as verified by your posession of a valid serial number. This has been the tradition with Handspring.
    13 days and counting down; Great!

Funny, I was on the phone with Sprint customer service yesterday (doing my monthly chore of removing creative overcharges) and asked the rep when the Treo 600 comes out. Nothing was in the system and she'd never heard of the phone. Hope they get their act together before the 7th.
    go.digital
    Originally posted by dulan

Funny, I was on the phone with Sprint customer service yesterday (doing my monthly chore of removing creative overcharges) and asked the rep when the Treo 600 comes out. Nothing was in the system and she'd never heard of the phone. Hope they get their act together before the 7th.
    The reps will be the last to know what's going on. Unless of course they have a friend in upper management.
    Originally posted by dulan
    About a month left for us GSM users :-| The wait will be tough but this is very exciting
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast