Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Here's a quote from a thread at HoFo's:

Sprint sent us an email a couple of days ago saying they've up'ed the price of the Treo 600 from $499 to $549.95. They are still expecting to officially announce it on 10/6.

Larry

Unlimited Data Plan for Laptops Promo - Only $80 !
    Hitachi G1000 now in stock!
    www.dreampages.com/sprint3g

I hope this isn't true...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just so you know. I was one of the people who auto-replied
    and not only was I not flogged at the door, but I was let in offered a drink, and they had a name tag waiting for me. They were definately on the ball. thumbs up to Handspring.

Now that being said. I would be a unhappy camper if Sprint hits us with a price tag of over $500. Even with the loyalty reward lets start a little lower.

I mean they would be getting on avg 100 a month from us. As well as if I give(hah) my Treo 300 to someone else to use They would get another customer paying $100 a month. That's an extra $100 a month if(when) i upgrade.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hall316
    I'm sure under $500 means $499 hehe
    yeah, $499.999999....
    From what Dubinsky said, I don't think Sprint will wait. She said no later than second week in October. The 6th or 7th launch seem pretty reliable. We can only hope they might surprising it by releasing ealier.
    Personally I am planning to get a T-Mobile Treo 600, but I talked to a Sprint reseller today and he confirmed the same thing someone else posted.

The price with a new activation will be $549.95
    and the price without a new activation is $624.95.

It seems like Sprint is trying to squeeze out an extra $50 at the launch. He also said that the launch was almost definitely Oct. 7.
    $625? I'll pass for now, thanks.
    i thought $500 was to cheap for the t600. wow... i was willing to pay as much as $600 with a leather case hmmm.... thinking about it now... hmmmmmm...... maybe i get the $50 credit from sprint for my kyocera 6035.
    andres
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C2048/

According to the link above, prices for Orange in Europe are $478 in Britain and $449 to $516 in France, My speculation is that Sprint has uncovered even before the launch that they may not be able to keep the Treo 600 in inventory this fall. Last October, Sprint had diffculty keeping the Treo 300 in stock, but they had Hand's undivided attention to help them restock quickly. This time, Hand is actively shipping phones to Orange, TMoble, Cingular and AT&T this fall and Sprint maybe Sprint has decided they can't get all of the phones they need.

Anyone agree or disagree?
    I realize Sprint supported HS when no one else would but VzW has the larger and better CDMA network compared to Sprint. HS needs to look at the bottom line, MONEY. Both carriers have large enterprise customers and they are not going to flip flop for a phone. They should get VzW on board its that simple.
    As a Verizon reseller I would love that! However I really don't think it's a matter of bringing Handspring to Verizon. I think Verizon has adopted a very proprietery strategy. When Sprint was still trying to distinguish themselves as a carrier they had a habit of carrying phones that were made specifically for them. Everyone at Verizon says they are really trying to go that route. Of course consumer's wouldn't notice until next year, but that may be why Verizon isn't interested in a phone so many carrier's are going to have. Seems a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but...stranger things have happened.
    As far as Verizon's network being superior...at the risk of being flamed to death since when is 800mhz better than 1900mhz?(And yes I know Verizon has both, but the DO NOT have more 1900mhz than Sprint.)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I guess I don't look at it from a 800mhz vs 1900mhz. I see it as I connect everywhere I go without issue on the Verizon network. Not sure why but it works. If Sprint has something good to offer they should start with taking their stores back under their control because the one in Carousel Mall in Syracuse is clueless. They made no effor to help or inform.

So I can get a good plan with unlimited roaming since my house and several key roads leading to it are out of Sprints network. I am willing to pay a small fee for roaming but not tons of money when I get it that way now.

If not then I will get an open CDMA T600 for VzW.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    ... As far as Verizon's network being superior...at the risk of being flamed to death since when is 800mhz better than 1900mhz?(And yes I know Verizon has both, but the DO NOT have more 1900mhz than Sprint.)
    800mhz has better in building signal penetration than 1900 mhz. It is the simple answer as to why ATT and Cingular are building out their GSM networks at 850mhz.
    You know I thought I could ignore this, but I just can't. AT&T and Cingular are building out their networks that way because it is the cheapest migration path to true 3G from the TDMA system they were using. Anything else they've told you is hype.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    You know I thought I could ignore this, but I just can't. AT&T and Cingular are building out their networks that way because it is the cheapest migration path to true 3G from the TDMA system they were using. Anything else they've told you is hype.
    That is true. The original license for cell service for ATT (CellOne) and Cingular (Bellsouth Mobillity) was for 800 mhz Analog service. 800 mhz was chosen because of it's building penetration. 800 mhz TDMA, was added to it to increase call capacity for the carriers.

ATT and Cingular are now converting these 800 mhz licenses to 850 mhz GSM. It could have been CDMA.

The choice of GSM vs CDMA is one of cost, politics, intrests of their investors.

The choice of 800, 850, 900, 1800 or 1900 mhz is one of spectrum availablity and the lower the frequency, the better the building penetration.
    Handspring normally launches their products on a Monday, which means Oct. 6th is more realistic for the Treo 600. If you haven't called Handspring directly, I recommend you do so. I just spoke with a rep who placed my name on a callback list of some sort. I guess Handspring reps are going to contact people on this list when the 600 is ready to be sold! It's my belief that first in line means first to be served. The number I called was 888-565-9393...the rep I spoke with knew his stuff. Here's to hoping this product renew interest in Handspring's smartphones!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234