Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by grim02
    WeeBit-

Great scoop! You say October 7-10 available to retail - does that mean in the store or on the Handspring website? Did your source say whether or not the final prices will be released at tomorrow's meeting, or just the same info you have? And, if you could just wring out what the price for existing Treo users will be (after Hanspring discount), we'd all be very grateful.
    Hey Hey.

I'll know more tom., but shes said, as we have stated here before, that you will be able to give HS your serial and get the discount accordingly. She could'nt specify the $$ amount yet, but she said that it would be "at least in line with how we have taken care of our own in the past.

Also, VERSION WILL NOT BE CARRYING THE PHONE

(She basically seemed to hint that sprint had leaned on them very hard about not sharing the CDMA 600 space with Verizon in not so many words. But I will bring it up tommorow.)

As far as reps knowing anything at all on the Customer Service level, dont expect them too (at ANY carrier) before the phones are available.

SHE TOLD ME THAT FOR ALL COMMITTED CARRIERS, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLOP DOWN $$ AND GET THE PHONE BY THE 20TH OF OCTOBER

-Mike
    Last edited by WeeBitObsessed; 09/24/2003 at 01:37 PM.
    Could you also find out the which colors each carrier will have? I will buy one directly from Orange if thats what it takes to get a gunmetal GSM handset.......
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by daftgem
    Could you also find out the which colors each carrier will have? I will buy one directly from Orange if thats what it takes to get a gunmetal GSM handset.......
    Sprint & Orange = Gunmetal/blackish color

All other GSM = Silver
    great info weebit...thanks! finally some real info other than people faking like they know when its coming out...do you think you'd be able to find out a bit more about costs and upgrading? also if you have the chance to find out about over the air backup. thanks!

T Minus 13 Days and counting!!
    can't wait!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    great info weebit...thanks! finally some real info other than people faking like they know when its coming out...do you think you'd be able to find out a bit more about costs and upgrading? also if you have the chance to find out about over the air backup. thanks!
    Its my pleasure,

I'm just lucky that I have a reliable contact and I havn't gotten on her nerves too much yet.

I'll let you know about cost/upgrading tom. after the launch party
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Was I even reading or what?

Sorry for asking about when the 600 will be at the local Spring store....you answered that right off the top.

All this excitement is getting to me.
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by Sharper
    Was I even reading or what?

Sorry for asking about when the 600 will be at the local Spring store....you answered that right off the top.

All this excitement is getting to me.

Me Too,

I feel your pain and I'm quite frankly sick of not having mine!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    WeeBitObsessed, was there any info regarding Verizon support for the Treo600?

as far as i know people are still petitioning for Verizon to carry the 600...sry
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Also, VERSION WILL NOT BE CARRYING THE PHONE

(She basically seemed to hint that sprint had leaned on them very hard about not sharing the CDMA 600 space with Verizon in not so many words. But I will bring it up tommorow.)
    That's too bad. I guess that Verizon petition isn't going to work. I wonder if the Treo600 would work on Verizon's network anyway if you got the MSL...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    WeeBit:

So if I went to the 'secret' HS Mission site, signed up, and received an e-mail confirmation that I have been registered for the rollout (in my case, next Wed. 10/1 in SF), you are saynig that in fact I am not invited and will be turned away at the door (with printout of e-mail in hand)??
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by jposin
    WeeBit:

So if I went to the 'secret' HS Mission site, signed up, and received an e-mail confirmation that I have been registered for the rollout (in my case, next Wed. 10/1 in SF), you are saynig that in fact I am not invited and will be turned away at the door (with printout of e-mail in hand)??
    Thats what they claim, but as a matter of practicality, I think they may let you in, its handspring, not the gestapo. Chances are they wont really turn you away at the door.

-mike
    Originally posted by jposin
    you are saynig that in fact I am not invited and will be turned away at the door (with printout of e-mail in hand)??
    Dress up in a funny costume and they'll have to let you in.
    Thanks so very much for the info. I, like everyone, cannot wait much longer. Also I know you're a GSM user, but could you try to take a look at the Sprint version's text messaging looks like.
    I was looking at the fcc manual for sprint's treo 600 and it mentioned sms. so is the treo 600 sms-ready when sprint comes with it?
    good news to heard that it is 7 or 10th of october.... already put countdown days in my calendar
    andres
    The store manager at my local store has told me units will be available for purchase on 6 October (I told him about this site quite a while ago and in return he passed along his inside track). On my way to Minneapolis yesterday, I stopped in Wausau and that store manager had never heard of the 600 (her sales people did....), so she called her district dude, and he said yes, in fact they would see them soon. Her response was no way, she had too many 300's still in stock.... I hope that some store managers dont stash them so they can rid themselves of old stock first... Either way, I have 3 sprint stores to stop at on 10 October, the day before I leave for our big annual convention, where I know I will be the Alphageek in residence, as I whip out my new T600.

Holding my breath for 11 more days....
    Jeff
    Handspring is still being quiet about prelaunch Treo info, but I have heard that contrary to WeeBitObseseed remarks if you come to the event they will not turn you away.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    [i]

5) The misson event is invite only and they will not be accepting the internet autoreply
    [/B]
    can u bring a date?

i don' look good in a dress, but . . .

<beg>
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hoooray!!!!!!!!! That's one more exc. mark than you used WBO. Look's like we'll be rubbing elbows tomorrow, big shot. FLASHMOB still in effect.
    I have a feeling that TC has gotten on HS's bad side because of certain recent events.
    Dear wee bit

A sheynem dank, Jay
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast